FrontRange Solutions

Great place to work

Former Employee - Telesales in Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Telesales in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at FrontRange Solutions

Pros

Nice people, culture, and environment

Cons

Payrate is below going market

none

33 Other Employee Reviews for FrontRange Solutions (View Most Recent)

Great stepping stone to get into the software industry.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at FrontRange Solutions

Pros

Non micro management environment, casual dress, nice culture

Cons

Pay is way below the salaries in Silicon Valley and San Francisco high tech companies

Continue to innovate and keep up with industry trends in order to compete

Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at FrontRange Solutions

Pros

Good benefits, HR really seems to have it together and tries to make employees feel like they are valued
    - cost for employee+family with health/dental.vision is about $300/mo, employee only is about $100/mo
    - 401k match (100% of up to 3%)
    - $20 gym membership reimbursement
    - 12 paid holidays
    - 3 weeks PTO/year
    - Company-paid ST/LT Disability
    - Free coffee, tea, crystal light, reduced-price sodas and snacks (25 cent sodas)
    - Lots of dishes and condiments available in the kitchens (soy sauce, Tabasco, Mrs Dash, etc)

Cons

- Poor work/life balance
    I- know one reviewer said that one of the pros is that you don't have to work 70 hours a week, but I guess it depends on your job/manager. Most of the senior people on our team easily put in 60-70 hours a week on a regular basis.
    - The new CEO did away with two of the forced furloughs, keeping the one over the Christmas/New
    Years holidays, which would seem like a "pro," but...this is a company with an international customer base, and they don't care about US holidays, so support people are forced to take time off (no exceptions), but expected to be on call. So, basically, they are going to suck up your PTO, but you need to be available to work whenever they need you. To me, this is like people who "work from home," but don't - it's stealing. Only in this case, it's the company stealing the employees' time.
    This is pretty indicative of how the company treats its employees overall. Seems like they think they own you and expect you to do whatever they want, but when it comes to your needs, there is no flexibility.

To be fair, there are lots of individuals who try to make it a fun place to work - Thanksgiving potluck, Christmas decorations, all of the supplies in the kitchen. And I think HR does a great job of putting together an attractive benefits package. However, at the management level, they only care about the company. I've worked for large Fortune 100/500 companies where the company seemed to show more respect for the respect for their employees.

I don't know why people even stay here. The only reason I can think of is that they have a lot of worthless stock options that they think will be worth something someday, but I don't really see it. I think maybe development jobs would be OK if you have a set schedule and you don't need to be on call, but I would not recommend taking a support position here.

Treat your employees like you want them to stay, not like you own them. If you want to be an enterprise company, come up with a realistic model for offering support during the work furlough. It's lame to shut down an entire office when you have international support customers, and cheesy to expect people to spend their vacations attached to a pager.

There are newer employer reviews for FrontRange Solutions