There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Good intentions, poor execution.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Gresham, OR
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

Union environment, very good pay and benefits, reasonable work hours, had a sense I was respected. The company worked on breaking down administrative barriers to actually helping the customer.

Cons

Upper managment seems to be wandering without a plan. Frontier aquired a large territory from Verizon in a merger July 2010. They came into the market I worked in without a clear plan, with substandard marketing, horrible control of their brand, and no clear idea where they were headed with some of the most valuable assets that Verizon had. They chose not to continue in the wireless business with their retail stores, and later abandoned their cable TV service in favor of reselling tv from anther company. The public was left confused, embittered, and fled to the competition in droves. The two retail stores in the area are now closed due to lack of business, and the rumor was they were thinking about laying off techs due to lack of work.

You needed a clear plan in place 6 months before the merger finished, not a year after. You have been horrible about controling your brand and commuincating with your customers. Your customers hear far more from the competition than they do from you. What you do may work in the little towns and rural areas you serve, but you have a major urban market now and you don't seem to have a clue how to be competitive in in.

479 Other Employee Reviews for Frontier Communications (View Most Recent)

As a former Verizon Employee, the attitude from the CEO down was as if I still worked at Verizon.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Manager in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Appears to embrace a customer first driven culture.

Makes swift business decisions avoiding bureaucratic approval processes. (Also a con in a larger environment)

Good pay, assuming the pay had not been reduced to meet median salaries in the Frontier footprint which are lower for some former Verizon Employees.

Benefits were good as a former Verizon employee until 2011 started and health care was changed. Still not terrible but not as good.

Cons

Culture of blatant disdain for former Verizon employees, ignoring their opinions and ideas. From the CEO down through senior leadership creating friction, needless fallout, repetition, confusion and low moral.

Very little planning and coordination of plans to merge former Verizon systems and processes with Frontiers OR no communications to managers on the ground of such plans. Leadership appears to be expecting a large scale migration to work itself out just because they say it will workout.

Though dedicated to customers in its previous smaller Telco environment, seems to be very inexperienced in its new environment of a more customers and more employee. This equates to larger call volumes, larger problems, large impacts when the wrong decisions are made.

Makes swift business decisions without proper analysis and planning. (Also a pro in a smaller environment)

Maggie and friends of Maggie a.k.a FOM on down, stop treating your newly acquired employees as the enemy! We are one company now, we no longer work for Verizon!

Listen to the former Verizon employees, they know a little something about the phone business, they come from a much larger player in the game and after all, you paid for them.

Flabbergasted...

Former Employee - Technical Supervisor  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Supervisor in Everett, WA

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

The people I worked with were amazing! Most 1st line supervisors were great too. Pay and benefits were pretty decent.

Cons

Senior management has no clue. This is the most poorly run company I have ever worked for. I would never work for them again.

There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Worked for Frontier Communications? Contribute to the Community!