Frontier Communications

www.frontier.com

Good intentions, poor execution.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gresham, OR

ProsUnion environment, very good pay and benefits, reasonable work hours, had a sense I was respected. The company worked on breaking down administrative barriers to actually helping the customer.

ConsUpper managment seems to be wandering without a plan. Frontier aquired a large territory from Verizon in a merger July 2010. They came into the market I worked in without a clear plan, with substandard marketing, horrible control of their brand, and no clear idea where they were headed with some of the most valuable assets that Verizon had. They chose not to continue in the wireless business with their retail stores, and later abandoned their cable TV service in favor of reselling tv from anther company. The public was left confused, embittered, and fled to the competition in droves. The two retail stores in the area are now closed due to lack of business, and the rumor was they were thinking about laying off techs due to lack of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou needed a clear plan in place 6 months before the merger finished, not a year after. You have been horrible about controling your brand and commuincating with your customers. Your customers hear far more from the competition than they do from you. What you do may work in the little towns and rural areas you serve, but you have a major urban market now and you don't seem to have a clue how to be competitive in in.

As a former Verizon Employee, the attitude from the CEO down was as if I still worked at Verizon.

Manager (Current Employee) Charleston, WV

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros: Appears to embrace a customer first driven culture. Makes swift business decisions avoiding bureaucratic approval processes. (Also a con in a larger environment) Good pay, assuming the… Cons: Culture of blatant disdain for former Verizon employees, ignoring their opinions and ideas. From the CEO down through senior leadership creating friction, needless fallout,… Advice to Senior Management: Maggie and friends of Maggie a.k.a FOM on down, stop treating your newly acquired employees as the enemy! We are one company now, we no… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Flabbergasted...

Technical Supervisor (Former Employee) Everett, WA

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros: The people I worked with were amazing! Most 1st line… Cons: Senior management has no clue. This is the most poorly run company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Frontier Communications.

Worked for Frontier Communications? Contribute to the Community!