There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Not the best place to work

Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN
Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Best thing is that I have a pension from GTE/Verizon that I can still utilize even being with Frontier. Frontier does not have a pension (only 401k plans)

Cons

No recognition for service anniversaries. When I hit 25 years even my boss never acknowledged the landmark. Unfair in giving death in family leave time. Don't understand the reason for difference in approvals for death in family - there seems to be nothing in writing for management to follow. There are three levels of workers in my department all given the same job title. Some get overtime, others get bonus, and the third group gets neither. All do the same work and work side by side no one knows why these three groups are different when the work is all the same.

Advice to Management

Having policies in writing might resolve many issues so that there is not variances in managing the work force. Having your boss know when milestones are reached, don't think they even have access to this information. Maggie, if you read this....please stop referring to the former Verizon area that was purchased as the "fixer upper" that Frontier purchased. This statement does hurt some of us who have worked hard even when Verizon didn't fund our area. If made your presentation to the 1000 of the FW workers seem unprofessional and lowered our view of you as our CEO.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

MISS VERIZON

Current Employee - Sales in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Sales in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

The new computer program replacing Verizon 3 to 4 different programs.
    New pricing matrix allows for an easy sell to most business customers.
    Company is trying to update equipment where it can be cost effective.

Cons

Poor compensation plan
    No real reason to come to work other than a pay check
    If you need a job its a job, but I would not stay there any length of time
    They have some much debit from the sale probably only a matter of time before huge changes come Sweeping through in the form of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like Verizon did before the sale. Try to retain people that have experience with telecomm. Stop hiring people off the street to sell products they don't know just to give them a lower salary.

2. D/FW VERIZON to ALLEN FRONTIER MOVE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Stable employment at the current time.

Cons

VZ employees moved to ALLEN, TX, to work for the 13 state split from Verizon, from D/FW Airport, (OLD GTE LOCATION) Near Mustang Drive in Grapevine. Someone had pull for Allen as it makes no sense. A displaced workforce is no cake walk. Many are car pooling. No incentives for the change except a paying job at the current time. A reduced work week would have only made too much sense, ie. 4x10 to alleviate exorbitant drive days for employees after the move. Medical Insurance costs went up dramatically after the VZ split also. In addition, vacations days were reduced after the move. Long story short. Some hardships occur.

Advice to Management

Stagnate. No streamlining of processes. Management makes everything more difficult than necessary. Too many managers running around not fixing the customer trouble, with pet projects, and NO real justifiable input to the technical staff.