There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Not the best place to work

Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN
Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Best thing is that I have a pension from GTE/Verizon that I can still utilize even being with Frontier. Frontier does not have a pension (only 401k plans)

Cons

No recognition for service anniversaries. When I hit 25 years even my boss never acknowledged the landmark. Unfair in giving death in family leave time. Don't understand the reason for difference in approvals for death in family - there seems to be nothing in writing for management to follow. There are three levels of workers in my department all given the same job title. Some get overtime, others get bonus, and the third group gets neither. All do the same work and work side by side no one knows why these three groups are different when the work is all the same.

Having policies in writing might resolve many issues so that there is not variances in managing the work force. Having your boss know when milestones are reached, don't think they even have access to this information. Maggie, if you read this....please stop referring to the former Verizon area that was purchased as the "fixer upper" that Frontier purchased. This statement does hurt some of us who have worked hard even when Verizon didn't fund our area. If made your presentation to the 1000 of the FW workers seem unprofessional and lowered our view of you as our CEO.

495 Other Employee Reviews for Frontier Communications (View Most Recent)

D/FW VERIZON to ALLEN FRONTIER MOVE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Stable employment at the current time.

Cons

VZ employees moved to ALLEN, TX, to work for the 13 state split from Verizon, from D/FW Airport, (OLD GTE LOCATION) Near Mustang Drive in Grapevine. Someone had pull for Allen as it makes no sense. A displaced workforce is no cake walk. Many are car pooling. No incentives for the change except a paying job at the current time. A reduced work week would have only made too much sense, ie. 4x10 to alleviate exorbitant drive days for employees after the move. Medical Insurance costs went up dramatically after the VZ split also. In addition, vacations days were reduced after the move. Long story short. Some hardships occur.

Stagnate. No streamlining of processes. Management makes everything more difficult than necessary. Too many managers running around not fixing the customer trouble, with pet projects, and NO real justifiable input to the technical staff.

Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

company offers a good salary

Cons

had a lot of layoff in years past

offer more advancement