There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Very Disappointing. Too Much Favoritism and no respect for Vendors/Customer or Employees.

Former Employee - Vendor Maintenance Accounts Payable in Dallas, PA
Former Employee - Vendor Maintenance Accounts Payable in Dallas, PA

Pros

A large portion of Employees are very friendly and like Family.

Cons

Too Much Favoritism and no respect for Vendors/Customers or Employees. Constant threats in meetings and how we can always be replaced.

Advice to Management

They need to take an honest look into the Managers/Supervisors who are running the Departments. An evaluate what is really going on behind closed doors.

Other Employee Reviews for Frontier Communications

Not the best place to work

Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

Best thing is that I have a pension from GTE/Verizon that I can still utilize even being with Frontier. Frontier does not have a pension (only 401k plans)

Cons

No recognition for service anniversaries. When I hit 25 years even my boss never acknowledged the landmark. Unfair in giving death in family leave time. Don't understand the reason for difference in approvals for death in family - there seems to be nothing in writing for management to follow. There are three levels of workers in my department all given the same job title. Some get overtime, others get bonus, and the third group gets neither. All do the same work and work side by side no one knows why these three groups are different when the work is all the same.

Advice to Management

Having policies in writing might resolve many issues so that there is not variances in managing the work force. Having your boss know when milestones are reached, don't think they even have access to this information. Maggie, if you read this....please stop referring to the former Verizon area that was purchased as the "fixer upper" that Frontier purchased. This statement does hurt some of us who have worked hard even when Verizon didn't fund our area. If made your presentation to the 1000 of the FW workers seem unprofessional and lowered our view of you as our CEO.

MISS VERIZON

Current Employee - Sales in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Sales in Carmel, IN

Pros

The new computer program replacing Verizon 3 to 4 different programs. New pricing matrix allows for an easy sell to most business customers. Company is trying to update equipment where it can be cost effective.

Cons

Poor compensation plan No real reason to come to work other than a pay check If you need a job its a job, but I would not stay there any length of time They have some much debit from the sale probably only a matter of time before huge changes come Sweeping through in the form of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like Verizon did before the sale. Try to retain people that have experience with telecomm. Stop hiring people off the street to sell products they don't know just to give them a lower salary.