Not very good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

You were valued if you kept your head down.

Cons

This is a micromanaged company.

Advice to Management

Please trust your seasoned veterans and the value they bring to the table.

reviews filtered by

Very Disappointing. Too Much Favoritism and no respect for Vendors/Customer or Employees.

Former Employee - Vendor Maintenance Accounts Payable in Dallas, PA
    Former Employee - Vendor Maintenance Accounts Payable in Dallas, PA

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

A large portion of Employees are very friendly and like Family.

Cons

Too Much Favoritism and no respect for Vendors/Customers or Employees. Constant threats in meetings and how we can always be replaced.

Advice to Management

They need to take an honest look into the Managers/Supervisors who are running the Departments. An evaluate what is really going on behind closed doors.

Not the best place to work

Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Best thing is that I have a pension from GTE/Verizon that I can still utilize even being with Frontier. Frontier does not have a pension (only 401k plans)

Cons

No recognition for service anniversaries. When I hit 25 years even my boss never acknowledged the landmark. Unfair in giving death in family leave time. Don't understand the reason for difference in approvals for death in family - there seems to be nothing in writing for management to follow. There are three levels of workers in my department all given the same job title. Some get overtime, others get bonus, and the third group gets neither. All do the same work and work side by side no one knows why these three groups are different when the work is all the same.

Advice to Management

Having policies in writing might resolve many issues so that there is not variances in managing the work force. Having your boss know when milestones are reached, don't think they even have access to this information. Maggie, if you read this....please stop referring to the former Verizon area that was purchased as the "fixer upper" that Frontier purchased. This statement does hurt some of us who have worked hard even when Verizon didn't fund our area. If made your presentation to the 1000 of the FW workers seem unprofessional and lowered our view of you as our CEO.