There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Exciting and hopeful in 7/2010...now, dismal outlook..

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Benefits, get to solve problems in the field, some enjoyable customers, enjoy being outside when the weather is nice...

Cons

Where to start...IT platform and software that takes 6 steps backward, un-competitive products offered to the public yet we are told to sell, sell, sell...50-60 year old outside plant, major projects that go millions over budget, upper management from other industries with little or no experience in telecommunications who seem to have no clue, input from seasoned vets ignored, subpar customer service from call center reps that field techs have to resolve...Frontier is simply too far behind the technonolgy curve when our competition is offering 20m and higher broadband and all we can offer is a piddly 3m or 7m in some areas with congestion problems to boot...

Advice to Management

I've offered advice for most of the years I've been here, and they seldom listen. So why do it now??

reviews filtered by

Not great but ok to work

Current Employee - IT SVPR
    Current Employee - IT SVPR

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

not many layers in org ladder.

Cons

not good mgmt in IT

For Customer Service/Sales position,you better have the Stomache for it!

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Air conditioned call center, day shift to mid day shift. Union company. Some of the best experiences I had were the customers I spoke with! I loved that part of my job! I still remember them! And the one call resolution system,

Cons

Serious issues with service being from Fiber,high speed internet, to basic phone line installations, way to many missed commitments, escalations to Supv on a daily basis, customers porting out due to all of the above daily. Also sell, sell, sell, sell! Sell on every call with heavy call volume being repair and complaints of service not being installed. Of which of course is redundant, but I did. My sales were great, however the new incentive plan I was under i recieved nada, Meetings with my supervisor were redundant as well, he even asked me if I thought this was the job I thought it was going to be, "I was a new hire" and yes to a point it was. I was hired in a class of 20, 3 remain, to me that speaks volumes of how well they treat employees, I have 7+ years customer service experience , Ive worked for a previous phone co.,so I had I thought a clue as to what it would be like.

I truly helped every single customer that got me, I was thier advocate in a company who is so backwards, and yes for that my sales were great as well. But in an enviroment where management is literally screaming at an adjacent Rep while Im on a call, or let me count how many times management has screamed at employees!! With no union steward present of course! I also had 4 weeks training for being a universal service Rep, Billing, complex billing,Repair,Sales, troubleshooting,etc, thank god i had prior telephone co experience!! I sure did not expect this job to be what it was, its sad, coaching and development is a joke, I never heard so many indirect answers to direct questions unless it was politics. No person in management truly hears,nor listens to what is being said, Frontier does not make sense, they make Money.Beat down and oppressed and fear based work environment, when morale is low, its more fear, when sales are down in a center, its fear they think will drive more sales, or a gift card! FEAR BASED environment!!!!! My previous customer service experience told me this,well, and my gut instinct, get out now, and I did!

Oh and without my last payroll, Frontier held that back.If you can take calls and cry between, which everyone i worked with have as well as I, you will be golden.

Advice to Management

Focus on finding ways to improve service commitments, and service itself, also due away with making customers have a copper phone line for a fiber only request, its nonsense.

There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications