Frontier Communications

www.frontier.com
  www.frontier.com
There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Exciting and hopeful in 7/2010...now, dismal outlook..

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Benefits, get to solve problems in the field, some enjoyable customers, enjoy being outside when the weather is nice...

Cons

Where to start...IT platform and software that takes 6 steps backward, un-competitive products offered to the public yet we are told to sell, sell, sell...50-60 year old outside plant, major projects that go millions over budget, upper management from other industries with little or no experience in telecommunications who seem to have no clue, input from seasoned vets ignored, subpar customer service from call center reps that field techs have to resolve...Frontier is simply too far behind the technonolgy curve when our competition is offering 20m and higher broadband and all we can offer is a piddly 3m or 7m in some areas with congestion problems to boot...

I've offered advice for most of the years I've been here, and they seldom listen. So why do it now??

515 Other Employee Reviews for Frontier Communications (View Most Recent)

Outstanding

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Good leadership, good opportunities, good talent

Cons

Balancing work and family life can be very challenging; promotions should be based on performance and performance vs. politics that happens alot out of Stamford

Frontier, treats their employees poorly. The worst company I ever worked for!

Former Employee - IS-IT
    Former Employee - IS-IT

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The workers care, however the management doesn't, makes for an ineffective company.

Cons

Management has no leadership ability.
    Not able to maintain employee morale.
    No internal promotions.
    Lots of internal politics.
    All the teams are working in silos.
    Not able to speak up about issues unless you want to have a meeting with HR.
    No accountability.
    This company is a dinosaur with no forward thinking.
    Problems are repeated on a regular basis.
    Documented process are nonexistent.
    The CIO is totally clueless and out of touch with the needs of the company and it's customers.
    Management by fear and retaliation.

Roll up your sleeves and get out of your chairs and start thinking, doing, and interacting with your employees and customers instead of oppressing them with your fear tactics.

All Management should take a pay cut until all the issues are addressed above.

There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications