Exciting and hopeful in 7/2010...now, dismal outlook..

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Benefits, get to solve problems in the field, some enjoyable customers, enjoy being outside when the weather is nice...

Cons

Where to start...IT platform and software that takes 6 steps backward, un-competitive products offered to the public yet we are told to sell, sell, sell...50-60 year old outside plant, major projects that go millions over budget, upper management from other industries with little or no experience in telecommunications who seem to have no clue, input from seasoned vets ignored, subpar customer service from call center reps that field techs have to resolve...Frontier is simply too far behind the technonolgy curve when our competition is offering 20m and higher broadband and all we can offer is a piddly 3m or 7m in some areas with congestion problems to boot...

I've offered advice for most of the years I've been here, and they seldom listen. So why do it now??

Other Reviews for Frontier Communications

Outstanding

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Good leadership, good opportunities, good talent

Cons

Balancing work and family life can be very challenging; promotions should be based on performance and performance vs. politics that happens alot out of Stamford

They don't have a clue

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent pay for now mainly due to former Verzion pay scale,hearing pay cuts are on the way though.

Cons

IT management especially poor. Our CIO rarely if ever treats people with respect, I know of multiple quality people who have left for other companies, because of the work environment and hours. The people that are leaving are the ones with marketable skills.

No matter how hard we work it’s never enough, or isn’t good enough. The company has no Honor, and that is sad. CEO went on mad money and said the stock dividend was safe, only to be cut by 40 %. As an investor I question the company’s ability to service the debt. The short interest on our stock is up big time, so are the line losses. The street doesn’t believe what we are saying either. The company’s words and actions don’t match. Our benefits (401k match, insurance, tuition reimbursement, sick days) and bonuses and pay have been cut or reduced. All these point to a business/model in decline.

No work/life balance at all, don't plan on having a life !

Truly ask and listen to employees ideas and opinions, especially seasoned employees. Getting rid of more experienced ,skilled and higher paid employees, and replacing them with lower skilled and paid employees or contractors, is NOT a recipe for success. You get what you pay for. Look to cut costs at from the top down.

There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications.

Worked for Frontier Communications? Contribute to the Community!