Frontier is Doing the Right Things

Current Employee - Manager in Fort Wayne, IN
Current Employee - Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Frontier is doing all the right things. It's giving rural customers across the country access to affordable broadband that they would never have gotten under the old owner. Hundreds of millions of dollars in less than 2 years alone and probably more than 500,000 new households. It's in the process of rolling out VDSL service with speeds up to 20 Mbps. Where the cable companies are happy with staying in their densely populated service areas, Frontier is expanding broadband to unserved areas and the backroads of America. The benfits are very good. Health and dental insurance coverage, 401(k) with matching, employee discount on service, generous paid days off each year. It's been a busy 2 years coming up on the 2nd anniversary of purchasing operations in 14 states from Verizon. Employees have gotten to see a transformation in the company as virtually everything about it has been impacted. There are still changes for sure but progress is being made every day. It's great to be with a company that is hiring, investing and is U.S. based.

Cons

Frontier is not the place to work if you want to sit around all day and read a paper or get paid to do nothing. You are expected to work and work hard. And there's plenty of work to do as it continues to transform itself following the purchase of the Verizon properties. The long hours aren't over yet but things are getting much better. Processes are improving, systems are stable, employees have come up to speed on the new systems and are serving customers. More improvement is needed.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the customer but don't overlook system improvements and process improvements. Attention to details and allocating resources to focus on the details is critical to service improvement and providing the best customer service experience in the industry. The competition is pulling away from the customer but Frontier isn't. But there is still work to be done in supporting the employees that serve the customers through system and process improvements.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Inbound Sales and Customer Service

Former Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

My team is awesome. I really liked my manager. The incentives to sell were innovative and I earned a great commission. I only left due to personal family situation and hope to come back some day. Great training program.

Cons

Pressure to sell. Schedules not consistent, you need to be able to work flex hours. Most people are very excited about Frontiers future and vision, need to find better ways to retain those people.

Advice to Management

My suggestion to management is to add the Work At Home option for the Center employees in Fort Wayne. The location is blah, getting crowded and I could have stayed on had I had the choice to work from home.

Worst company I've worked for.

Current Employee - Customer Sales and Billing in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Sales and Billing in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

They pay you, has benifits, can get bonus on sales. low overwatch, your left to do your job, or really whatever you want.

Cons

this company, the reps are lazy, the management is a joke, the turnover rate for customers is astronomical, i am told that every call is a sales call. i am supposed to have a 5% close rate for product sales on all calls taken. the pricing is not competitive, they will sabotage their own offers. systems don't work, many angry customers (understandably). the products you are selling are supposed to be Internet services, however since we often have state wide outages i cant even trust my products to work enough to sell them, they have a 3 month turnover and if someone calls to cancel the services before then you don't get paid. Often times a sale will mysteriously change to a different representatives name, and all you will get is "we are looking into it". you have no support if you have a question or issue. your expected to be on the phone while scheduled (which is understandable) and do any requested over time with little to no warning (which is not). the hours constantly change, often when daylight savings changes the times (my state doesn't do this) they use it as an excuse to close earlier, even if people are changing the clocks to be later. no accountability for management, if you mess up because they didn't tell you some critical bit of information, its on your head.

Advice to Management

fire yourselves, higher some trained circus monkeys, and watch your profits start to actually grow. you cant run a business about customers without actually stopping to think about them. and you cant let the backbone of your company (your representatives) be mistreated like they are because your profits start shrinking (because of your "business practices")