Medium Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Location - Markets Work Schedule Flexibility

Cons

Sales Organization Leadership Compensation - $250 comp at 100% quota, give me a break! Senior Leadership Lack of support

Advice to Management

If you're going to screw around with your salespeople's comp plan (3 changes in 1 yr) at least pay them what they are worth. Take into consideration their area's cost of living and base their salary on that along with their experience. If the company's nut is based on commercial sales activity and growth, you need to put them in control and stop letting other groups make the decisions that are affecting the sales cycle.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Takeover improved customer service experiences for customers.

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Frontier is much better than Verizon was about handling customers. They have also taken a lot of the individual pressure out of yearly employee reviews, it is more of a team effort now. Frontier is pushing DSL and other high speed options further out to customers that Verizon decided not to equip.

Cons

Frontier decided to save money by downgrading as much software as they could. Instead of Microstation, now I use Autocad. Our timesheets, and two other software programs use DOS programs, black screens with green text... They are massively focused on sales, and even though I have no contact with customers, I am expected to bring in referrals somehow.

A culture of fear and incompetence begins at the top

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

allow for some autonomy of employees

Cons

Bullying employees into "selling" the products at church, to friends, etc; zero communication from mgmt; Presentations from HR stating "if you don't love this place, then you should leave" (how motivating is that?); Changing well-working process to replace with ineffective, inefficient processes; poor use of resources (the company wasn't paying bills leaving the employees without ways of ordering supplies that were necessary to the company; as a technition, we needed to replace tires with used tires that were "less bad" than the defective ones); LAYOFF after LAYOFF

Advice to Management

listen to your employees; particularly the employees who were loyal and were there when it was Verizon, they can help you find what works