There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Go somewhere and work, but not at Frontier!

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

There are no pros at all!

Cons

Not customer or employee focused, resources that do not work, many people leaving company, lied to about opportunities.

Advice to Management

Just leave the company and let the people who make the wheel move everyday take care of everything.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

ok at best, and getting worse

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits and the interaction with a lot of the customers I can actually help.

Cons

Sales tactics, no accountability for unethical sales(switches to accounts), sub par computer systems that do not have the same information, internet way over sold before updates are done, training minimal for new hires (some classes have actually been cut in half to get people on the phones), lower pay and commission for new hires and not knowing if you are going to ever get a raise, having to handle angry customers because either the tech didn't show up or their bill is never correct(and it really is not correct).......

Advice to Management

Internet lines need to be improved and more ports in place before offering to new customers, the long time customers are suffering because of over loading and they are leaving or filing complaints. Auto renew on contracts needs to go away. Stop playing the real supervisors like puppets and let them do their job with their teams. Stop cramming new products down people's throats when the ones we have don't work half the time. Start caring about the employees and customers, not just the bottom line. Retention of loyal customers should be a priority and then as word spreads we get new customers.

Frontier has been good to me, I'm the exception, not the rule.

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Local management cares about those that make the effort. There are positions open that aren't quota and sales based, and coaches will help you find this jobs if you try your best for the company.

Cons

Above the local level there is a huge disconnect between senior management and what happens on the front line. There seem to be unrealistic goals for our front line reps and techs.

Advice to Management

Ask yourselves, are you getting better every day? The stock price tanked from $9.77 per share in 2010 to just above $3 per share in May 2012. Yes there's been a rally up above $4.70 to date, but you've also put in massive cuts to our workforce with layoffs, for instance closing the entire ID center.

Management needs to recognize the overwhelming responses on here all tell the same story, that there is a problem with senior leadership. This is not an imaginary issue, and all of the rebuttals that can be made don't change a thing. In fact it lends credibility to the "head in the sand" thought process.

Yes, Frontier is hiring, but we're hiring because our turnover rate is through the roof. The average new hire class seats about 25, of which you might see 5 left after 90 days. I don't know how your math figures it, but I show an 80% failure rate amongst new hires.

Is it great the Frontier employs a 100% workforce, yes, it is. However is it fair that people are losing their jobs while Frontier focuses on debt recovery? No.

Meanwhile, Chairman and CEO Maggie Wilderotter would receive a pay package of $6.7 million, and the top five officers would receive a total of nearly $14 million for their performance in 2011.

So please tell me again how in touch senior management is with the guy installing a DSL line, or the rep answering the phone for $10 per hour.