There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Go somewhere and work, but not at Frontier!

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

There are no pros at all!

Cons

Not customer or employee focused, resources that do not work, many people leaving company, lied to about opportunities.

Advice to Management

Just leave the company and let the people who make the wheel move everyday take care of everything.

reviews filtered by
  1. Takeover improved customer service experiences for customers.

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Frontier is much better than Verizon was about handling customers. They have also taken a lot of the individual pressure out of yearly employee reviews, it is more of a team effort now.
    Frontier is pushing DSL and other high speed options further out to customers that Verizon decided not to equip.

Cons

Frontier decided to save money by downgrading as much software as they could. Instead of Microstation, now I use Autocad. Our timesheets, and two other software programs use DOS programs, black screens with green text...
    They are massively focused on sales, and even though I have no contact with customers, I am expected to bring in referrals somehow.

ok at best, and getting worse

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits and the interaction with a lot of the customers I can actually help.

Cons

Sales tactics, no accountability for unethical sales(switches to accounts), sub par computer systems that do not have the same information, internet way over sold before updates are done, training minimal for new hires (some classes have actually been cut in half to get people on the phones), lower pay and commission for new hires and not knowing if you are going to ever get a raise, having to handle angry customers because either the tech didn't show up or their bill is never correct(and it really is not correct).......

Advice to Management

Internet lines need to be improved and more ports in place before offering to new customers, the long time customers are suffering because of over loading and they are leaving or filing complaints. Auto renew on contracts needs to go away. Stop playing the real supervisors like puppets and let them do their job with their teams. Stop cramming new products down people's throats when the ones we have don't work half the time. Start caring about the employees and customers, not just the bottom line. Retention of loyal customers should be a priority and then as word spreads we get new customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications