There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Good pay but dying business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Wayne, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I enjoy my job, make good money, and work with great people.

Cons

This is a dying business. The company doesn't seem to acknowledge the fact that they have no idea how to run a large company. Upper Management continues to reinforce that their Legacy models of business are proven to work and have failed to use the knowledge and assets that they aquired from the Verizon buyout.

Listen to your ex-Verizon employees and let them help you run the business. They want to succeed and have the best interest of the company in mind. It can turn around if you evolve and look for best practices rather then closing your minds in thinking your old ways are still relevent in a technology based industry.

481 Other Employee Reviews for Frontier Communications (View Most Recent)

Worst company I've ever worked for in thirty five year career.

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

None. Frontier will hopefully be bankrupt soon. They have no idea how to run a phone company.

Cons

Management structure, upper management is clueless. They are hired on how well they kiss butt.

Waste of time, they do not listen

This company is broken.

Current Employee - Facilities Assigner  in  Sun Prairie, WI
    Current Employee - Facilities Assigner in Sun Prairie, WI

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Coworkers are occasionally talented and intelligent.
    -Good pay if you're in a union.

Cons

-Coworkers' talents are by and large wasted due to mismanagement. We have people with bachelor's degrees taking calls and doing glorified records keeping.
    -Company is actively attacking the remaining union centers and replacing them with lower payed employees in right-to-work states.
    -Middle and Upper management are mostly dysfunctional. Upper has no valuable input aside from "SELL SELL SELL" and Middle is authoritative and micromanaging.
    -Employees do not have a sense of purpose or making a difference.
    -Employees are not listened to by management.
    -Employees are not given opportunities to advance their careers.
    -Employees in call centers are subjected to favoritism and prejudice versus "VIP" staff. We regularly have staff come in to our center for weeks. They're given daily catered meals, parking in front, etc. We are reminded monthly to only park in back, and if we're lucky, we're given the scraps of what the VIPs had left over at the end of the day.

Stop treating your employees like factory workers. Many of them are smart, hardworking, and used to be motivated before you crushed their spirits. You're wasting your most expensive resources. Maggie Wilderotter WILL eventually run this company into the ground.

There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Worked for Frontier Communications? Contribute to the Community!