Trying, but very disorganised

Current Employee - Account Executive in Beaverton, OR
Current Employee - Account Executive in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Frontier genuinely trys to have the customer's best interest at heart. Sometimes it feels like a breath of fresh air with its ability to get a deal done.

Cons

Lots of disorganization. The company still feels like it is digesting the Verizon Acquisition. Sometimes it feels like the focus is in the wrong area.

Advice to Management

Work harder to update the relevance of the product portfolio and complete the transition to a data company, not just a broadband company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you like stress, and consistently having your job threatened, it's a great place to work.

Former Employee - Production in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Production in Stamford, CT

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

That majority of the production staff actually knows what they're doing. There are a ton of hard workers, and at the very least if you are good at what you do, they'll likely keep you for the long haul.

Cons

There are some staff members there that are dug in like ticks. And it's those staff members that simply make your life there a living hell, because they won't change, they don't like change, and they will do whatever they can to push back on you if you suggest change. For a technology company, they know nothing about what the word means. And, if you DO find someone that knows what technology is, and is competent, and savvy, and likeable, try not to get used to them, because its only a matter of time before they quite, leaving the wilted grass behind for you to lay in. The majority of senior management, is insane. And that's putting it mildly. They don't care about competence in the company, they don't care how hard you work, and they don't care about you. Never think for a moment that you're of value, because it do, you're simply setting yourself up for depression. Senior management, the executive staff especially, but I'd say the management in general, is afraid of loosing their jobs. The majority of management there doesn't trust their staff, and will do whatever they have to in order to save their job, including throwing YOU under the bus, will running you over several times in the process. Don't believe me? Then you're the type of person that must like to learn the hard way, and that's exactly how you'll learn it there. Also, if you're a man, don't apply. It's a woman dominated company. Unless you're a woman, don't hold your breath being promoted, they don't care. And, if you are a man working for Frontier, then more than likely you've been emasculated at birth. Now, that's not a dig with regards to the men that work at Frontier, not in any way. It just means that that's how they have to be, reporting to the senior staff, which is women dominated. Do yourself a favor, unless your desperate, you can do better than Frontier Communications. I worked there just over a year, then I quickly found another job and am a LOT happier. No more threats, no more fear (because they rule by intimidation), no more worrying if I'll have a job on Monday because they didn't like the shirt I wore on Friday (no kidding, seriously). Frontier Communications is run with one philosophy and philosophy only ... fear. And, because it's run like that, you can't trust ANYONE! Let me say that again just in case you missed it, because I don't want you to take the job at Frontier without fully understanding how it's run, ... fear. Fear is a culture there, it's a way of life. Don't trust your fellow employees, don't trust the executive staff, and never, EVER, under any circumstances, trust your manager. They will through you under the bus to save face, every, single, time. I didn't have it done to me, but saw it happen countless times. Honestly, they do, not, care! The only people I feel sorry for, honestly, ... are the customers. Because the company as a whole could care less about their customers as well. They are a technology company that doesn't understand technology. You do the math. All their systems are outdated, their equipment and lines going out to the customers are antiquated, they simply don't get it! If you are a technology person, you will only be frustrated and depressed working for such a company. AND, also, I should say, they will do ANYTHING, to avoid going in the right direction. If they could do it the easy way, guaranteed someone during the process will find a more difficult way of doing things, and do it that way! They don't get the concept of efficiency, and that's because it's a company built on fear. Everyone is afraid to say what's best, because they fear bumping up against either their manager (who you should never trust), or especially the executive staff, who could care less about what you (the expert), has to say. Let's just put it this way, I wanted to do what was best for the customers and the company, but senior management AND management in general, simply got in the way every, single, time, without fail! Honestly, they just don't get it.

Advice to Management

Get rid of people that make the process more difficult, get rid of people with crappy attitudes who aren't willing to change, get rid of the people that don't put the customer first! With that said, reward and cherish the people who want to make the company better, cherish these people, pay them well, and allow them say in the final decision. LISTEN TO THEM!!! That's why you hired them!!!!! Tell your management staff to do their jobs, and actually MANAGE!!!! Start changing your culture from fear, to supporting and nurturing your staff. For a company filled with senior female management, one would expect more compassion and understanding towards the treatment of people.

Local mgmt is great.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Local leadership is open to ideas. And allows for different learning styles.

Cons

Senior leadership (located out of state) don't understand the technology within their grasp. Kind of like explaining computers to my mom.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the top and rebuild from within.