Frontier Communications

www.frontier.com
  www.frontier.com
There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications is a great place to work the only negative I have it lack of direction sometimes and training.

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Burnsville, MN
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture within the work place. Managers/supervisors are very helpful with any questions or concerns as well as understanding when scheduling PTO, family emergencies, etc. Plenty of opportunities to improve yourself within the company. Great benefits and pay.

Cons

Lack of direction relating to what exactly is required out of a task. Tasks are often assigned regardless if you are exactly qualified for it or not leading to confusion and errors. Completing your tasks is often done in a trial by error or learn from your mistakes approach. PTO is set up in a use it or loose it fashion.

Upper management's main goal is profit. They try to claim to care about the employee but main worries are about getting new customers and money first.

514 Other Employee Reviews for Frontier Communications (View Most Recent)

Poor management

Current Employee - Coordinator
    Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Haven't yet been "downsized," although have been on the chopping block every year since I've started, even though I hold more experience and education than my supervisors.

Cons

Company does not know which way they are going... Every day there are more layoffs and reorganizations, new appointments, then more layoffs and new hires again. Stock is down 50% in three years, yet CEO pay is up 80%. Finally, 2012 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results says "The fourth quarter of 2012 severance cost relates to 537 employees leaving the business in connection with the Company's plan to reduce both wage and non-wage costs following the completion of its integration activities". PLAN TO REDUCE WAGES?

GET IT TOGETHER

A good first company to work for as an intern.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I went there as an intern, and they were very helpful and kind to us throughout. A lot of good, relevant exposure to the current networking technologies. Responsibilities were at the same level as all the full-time employees working the same position.

Cons

No formal training was provided for the position, which, in hindsight, might have been really helpful in achieving the maximum in this position.

There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications