Frontier Communications

www.frontier.com
  www.frontier.com
There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

This isn't a good place to be

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - IT Analyst in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very few. Although some coworkers are good people to work with. Another pro is hopefully I'll be a former employee soon.

Cons

When I accepted this position I was warned by everyone that I've ever worked with that I would regret working for Frontier. Boy, were they right. They've had multiple open requisitions to hire and nobody in Rochester will interview there. Too much intellectual property is only known by long term contractors. And, now their contracts are being terminated no exceptions end of June. That is going to create extreme hardships in some systems because the employees on those teams haven't done anything in years. This company is in a death spiral.

None to give. Not like they would listen to employees.

509 Other Employee Reviews for Frontier Communications (View Most Recent)

I would rather pick up trash at the dump than work here

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time

Pros

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. There is nothing positive about this company.

Cons

Low pay. Poor benefits. Systems are circa 1979 or older. Disorganized. Poor service. No recognition. The lowest moral of any company I've been at.

Need to clean house at the top and get some educated and knowledge of telcom senior management team as well as further down the food chain. A company made up of managers with absolutely no telcom experience. Employees who speak up are fired. All salaried employees should be part of the annual bonus, not just a select few. Shame on you!

Run, don't walk, away from Frontier.

Current Employee - Information Tech
    Current Employee - Information Tech

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Get to work with some good people, and some of the tech is "ok".

Cons

Basically everything is behind the curve. Old, EOL hardware, systems from the 80's running critical items like payroll, etc. Management is INEPT to put it politely. My immediate manager is great, but above him it's a revolving door where managers seem to be unable to last more than 6 months. They come in, often in large groups from another company (ie: migrating in herds) , make a ton of changes to processes and procedures without actually communicating any of it, stir up the politics, then move on to another company leaving everything in the lurch. The politics here are *INSANE*, especially in the last 6 months. The power grabs look like something that happens in a 3rd world dictatorship after the dictator-in-chief dies. Power-grabs, castle-building, newly-promoted managers and directors run amok, etc. Calling it the "Wild West" is a serious understatement to the chaos this company is under. Employees are quitting like rats jumping from a sinking ship. It's crazy!

Retire. Seriously, retire or move on. You obviously have no desire or ability to correct the issues we are experiencing, so please leave. Hire/promote process-driven people that will STABILIZE the company, and get things out of the wild-west, and into a structured world.

There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications