Working at Frontier Communications

Former Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Frontier takes pride in providing an American based workforce. They really do a good job in reaching out to hire veterans for employment. And in past few years have increased their size and are expanding the types of services offered to customers.

Cons

Frontier does not provide services in several states where employees are located. Frontier should be more competitive with salaries offered to more experienced employees. Frontier should offer better medical benefits for their standard compensation.

Other Employee Reviews for Frontier Communications

An employer who doesn't respect employees

Current Employee - Facility Assigner in Sun Prairie, WI
    Current Employee - Facility Assigner in Sun Prairie, WI

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

focus on internet since landline business is really going down hill

Cons

Cutting pay - raising insurance pay. closing down centers here and there so they can rehire new ones that are a lot cheaper. turnover rate at customer service department is extremely high so customer service quality is very low. mistakes happen all the time. Executives came up with all these fancy ideas but there's a huge gap between that and processes.. lack of quality training. lack of motivation.. over all, this employer doesn't value their employees..

Advice to Management

Employees are your foundation to provide good service to your customers. You are promoting nothing but working as little as you can among your employees. no job security at all!

Frontier has positioned itself as the "bad bank" of rural telcos

Current Employee - Service Technician in Martinsburg, WV
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Martinsburg, WV

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a former Verizon employee my current benefits are excellent. My graduate school tuition was paid for, healthcare is wonderful. Those benefits are great but legacy Frontier employees (and possibly all Frontier employees in the future) have far fewer benefits.

Cons

My job and my employer have caused me a great amount of personal sadness in the past several years. Inconsistent messaging and a rather poor public image have eroded my personal confidence in the company I work for. If asked whether to use our product over one of our competitors by a friend I really want to say "go with us" but I know I would spend years hearing about how poor their connection is and that they should have gone with X.

Advice to Management

Invest in the future not the past. DSL is dying, even in our rural markets in the long term. Right now we are the only game in town for many of our customers but that will absolutely change in the mid to long term. Also, unify the company around a credible mission.