Frontier Communications

  www.frontier.com
  www.frontier.com
There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

2 people found this helpful  

Most of the employees are great...close knit.

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They let you run your own department as long at it produces good results.

Cons

They have not stayed on the cutting edge of technology. The CEO provides no direction. As a result....the ship is sinking quickly.

Advice to ManagementAdvice

Be proactive instead of constantly trying to catch up. Listen to your employees and park your egos at the door.

Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
Disapproves of CEO

509 Other Employee Reviews for Frontier Communications (View Most Recent)

Sort: Rating Date
  1. 1 person found this helpful  

    Process Issues Galore!!!

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee

    I have been working at Frontier Communications

    Pros

    The pay is decent when compared to similar positions in the market

    Cons

    Too many process issues...hard to maintain personal drive when process (not competition) mitigates success.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Identify opportunities to improve sales process for all market segments (residential, commercial). Small investments now can lead to tremendous revenue gains in the future.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    No opinion of CEO
  2. 4 people found this helpful  

    A dying company

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Universal Sales Representative in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Universal Sales Representative in Fort Wayne, IN

    I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (more than an year)

    Pros

    The five-week classroom training is fun and informative, you will meet some of the nicest co-workers ever and make some lifelong friends within your cubicle, pretty nice hourly pay.

    Cons

    Sales, sales, sales. Of course, you know of this when you first sign onto the job, but the sales aspect of Frontier is a real morale killer. Rarely will you find anybody on the sales floor who is happy with their job there. It's been described as "soul sucking" and "extremely cut throat" even. Very angry customers all throughout the day, normally without even a second in between phone calls, who has messed up bills or another problem that you have to fix. Usually you end up fixing another rep's mistake and getting an earful for it. The training, like I said, is fun but you only get taught about 60% of the job... the other 40% is up to you to learn through trial and error. If you don't make your sales quota each month, you get reviewed and eventually will be terminated even if you hit 99%... but not the full 100%. Get ready to offer on every single call, regardless if the customer is very upset. Also the scheduling is not great. When you're the lowest employee on the totem pole, so to speak, you get the worst hours. And that won't change for about a full year.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Upgrade your products... this is a dying industry, and Frontier is trailing the pack badly. And the poor, unfortunate customers are the ones who don't see this until after they're installed... simply because the rep wanted the sale.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Work at Frontier Communications? Share Your Experiences

Frontier Communications

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.