There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Good but dealing with growing pains

Current Employee - Network Specialist  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Network Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Peers are good. My direct manager is pretty good, but like all places, there are some bad apples. Upper management seems to understand that great ideas can come from anywhere, including those on the lower end of the totem pole

Cons

Since Frontier bought a piece of Verizon, the changes being implemented would be easier to deal with if we had a little more notice

Keep doing what your doing, just remember, you don't have to be a director or higher to have a good idea. The suggestion box is great, but what good is it if you never hear any feedback about your suggestion?

483 Other Employee Reviews for Frontier Communications (View Most Recent)

Company is good but does not prepare for future or advancement well.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Frontier Communications

Pros

Union wages are good very community focused.

Cons

No common vision or direction that the company wants to move. Still buddy system for promotions.

Share information and try to hire good internal candidates instead of buddies.

Some genuinely nice people here, but an aggressive push for higher sales numbers makes for extremely high turnover.

Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist  in  Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Burnsville, MN

I worked at Frontier Communications

Pros

Decent hourly wage for telephone-based sales / service work. Benefits are generally good, and go into effect soon after hire. Frequent sales contests / "spiffs" for top sellers. Convenient Burnsville location, close to 35-E / 35-W.

Cons

Though the position is ostensibly half sales, half service, the focus in Burnsville at the moment is solidly -- and almost exclusively -- on sales numbers. You might provide top-notch customer service, but if you can't achieve commissionable sales within a few months of completing training (roughly 25 - 35% of the center does so each month), you'll be out of a job quickly. This makes for a fairly stressful work environment, and a high churn rate among employees. (ex: 15 of the 17 people in my training class were gone within 10 months.)

While I certainly understand the need for Burnsville Residential Sales and Service to focus on sales performance, I truly hope management will begin to address the turnover issue they're having -- both for the sake of Frontier's customers, and for the employees. Customer service suffers when agents are pushed to move quickly on to the next sales opportunity, and the churn rate among employees makes it difficult for Frontier to achieve any sort of "continuity of care" for their longtime customers. For the employees, it's demoralizing to watch co-workers escorted out of the building so often, and it makes it nearly impossible to develop a sense of teamwork and common purpose. Having a turnover rate of 104% (as of May 2011) in Burnsville should be deeply troubling to management, and I think Frontier's customers and employees deserve better.

There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

Worked for Frontier Communications? Contribute to the Community!