Frontline Data Solutions

www.fldata.com
  www.fldata.com
There are newer employer reviews for Frontline Data Solutions

The worst working experience of my life

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX

I worked at Frontline Data Solutions

Pros

* Excellent work-life balance - You put in your hours and you go home
* Within easy commuting distance of affordable suburban housing

Cons

* First and foremost, the worst technical management I have ever experienced - browbeats on occasion and generally operates in a manipulative way that will put you at total unease. Your creative ideas might be implemented without appreciation and a sense of mistrust.
* Non-challenging rote work - The good work-life balance is borne out of the fact that management does not wish to grow the business so there's no real pressure to deliver anything. They are happy (read smug) to be where they have arrived and don't really care about acknowledging anybody else's stake in their success. Little wonder there are no employees with a tenure of more than 3 years.
* No benefits whatsoever (No 401Ks, insurance, bonuses)

Sell the company and ride out your retirement years based on the divestment proceeds. I don't see a great future for this company but neither do I see it dying out soon enough as they have a captive clientele with a stable revenue model. Inevitably, sooner or later a powerful competitor will wipe out their market share.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Frontline Data Solutions (View Most Recent)

Proud to work for this company

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Stafford, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in Stafford, TX

I have been working at Frontline Data Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

>>Small family-style work environment
    >>Freedom to work on any project without deadlines
    >>Ability to work on a variety of projects end-to-end, from concept to final implementation
    >>Get first-hand feedback from customers -- this often is most-satisfying part of my job
    >>Management flexibility on working hours and vacation days
    >>Getting paid time off between christmas and new year
    >>Teamwork between coworkers
    >>No corporate politics and back-stabbing
    >>Do not have to write weekly and monthly progress reports
    >>Immediate feedback from management on performance

Cons

>>Large company benefits
    >>Have to switch projects on a short notice if there is major customer request. This happens about once or twice a year.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX

I have been working at Frontline Data Solutions

Pros

I have been working here for 5 years. Being a small company, there is no internal politics. There are no weekly reports or timesheets to fill out. Unless there is a serious customer support issue, there are no deadlines whatsoever. Company lets you come in whenever you want as long as you put in your 40 hours. There is never a big brother watching over you at work and you can keep up with current events or listen to streaming music over their high speed network. Real pleasure working and I look forward to going to work.

Cons

As the company is small, there are no health benefits. The company makes it up by giving you handsome salary and frequent raises. I've gotten my personal health insurance and I am paying LESS than what my previous employer was withholding from my paycheck as my contribution. You have to watch out -- some companies so called benefits are rip-offs these days anyways.

You have been successful at what you do. Keep it up!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Frontline Data Solutions