There are newer employer reviews for Frozen Food Express

once great now just a job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, TX

I have been working at Frozen Food Express

Pros

fair equpment, decent freight,steady old line shippers still trying to maintain a good business relationship and wiling to make every attempt to remain a good business partner ship

Cons

new managment apparently doesn't care about old steady employees and customers only looking for a quick fix and short term profit.doesn'tthink about employee contentment or loyalty and what it takes to retain it.

Advice to Management

wake up and read the writing on the wall. constant change and divisevness will not help main tain employee loyalty nor help to instill confidence among shippers

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Black Hole - Company allows employees to use obscenities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Frozen Food Express

Pros

It is close to home

Cons

They change employee work schedules without consideration for family 5 or 6 paid holidays but you must work them. We used to get the day off. Pay is very low and not competitive The employees are older so that they can take advantage of them realizing that they need to work. Management is not knowledgeable of office but makes major changes without knowing details and how it affects the position It was much better before he was promoted. No 401K match and extremely high insurance. They pay about 10% and employee pays 90% Blatant use of obscenities in the office is allowed by Management.

Advice to Management

Change the current management. They may be knowledgeable in their prior job, but not in the office. Improve on our benefits and don't intimidate employees.

2. OTR Driver / Driver Finisher

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver/Driver Finisher in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver/Driver Finisher in Dallas, TX

I worked at Frozen Food Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good loads, decent miles, worked with a varied bunch of folks - it's truck driving...my driver manager was great - we got along really well.

Cons

Again, it's truck driving...you're away from home, pay could be better - miles tended to be taken away because others "needed hometime" but would be hard to get a load when it was my time to go home.