Fruitful Yield

Unfruitful Yield...

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Berwyn, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Berwyn, IL

I have been working at Fruitful Yield part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bonuses every 3 months, free trainings and free product every month. Most of your coworkers are easy to work with, and a few are very caring.

Cons

They expect a lot of work done for low pay, as with any company. They are not hiring full time workers anymore. A few of the assistant managers are very aggressive, and downright mean. When I first started the company I was in tears from one of them harassing me. And heard from other coworkers that she did the same thing to them.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Fruitful Yield (View Most Recent)

Great pay, hours, and learning involved, but horrible corporate and management.

I have been working at Fruitful Yield part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at Fruitful Yield for over two years as a sales associate and key holder and loved every minute of it. Hourly wages were outstanding for a retail job. I was started out at over 9.50 and hour and gradually moved up to over 10. The manager who I worked with was a saint and very understanding about coming in late at times, but also knew which employees to give more hours and responsibilities. Every employee that I worked with treated you as family and we all had no trouble getting the work that needed to be done that day in a little amount of time. If you needed more hours as a part-timer, they would gladly give me 30 to sometimes 35 hours a week.

Cons

The manager who I had worked with ultimately left for a better opportunity elsewhere, and that was when I realized how much of corporate and upper management they hid from us. Corporate is brutal with employees even those who have worked there for years. Rules such as when the cash register is short, everyone who had used it that day will get written up. Even if you had done nothing wrong. The new manager who I worked with the next day was very cold and heartless. Some of the first words I heard out of her mouth as we checked stock were, " This is so degrading. I shouldn't be doing this". Apparently management should not have to mingle with the little people such as you and just sit in the office all day playing manager. The reason I quit was that my school schedule was changing and I had requesting working two to three days a week instead of five. Corporate came back and announced that would not work and I left the next few weeks instead of getting fired.

Stop trying to compete with huge companies like Wal-Mart and get it through your thick skulls that people are sick of being treated like dirt. This could be a excellent place to work if it was not for corporate bullies sitting in their office all day announcing new rules and procedures that ruin the employee moral.

Learn a lot, room for growth, great environment

I have been working at Fruitful Yield part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working here. It's very laid back and flexible environment. You get to learn new things every day, and get training from different companies. If you put in work and show interest, the company really invests in you and your growth. Management is very understanding and friendly.

Cons

For the information and help we give customers the pay could be a little bit higher. Customers sometimes mistake you for a doctor and get frustrated (or even angry) with you when you tell them you're not.

We want to make the business grow and expand just as much as you do. :)

There are newer employer reviews for Fruitful Yield