There are newer employer reviews for Fry

Employees made this company, upper management felt otherwise.

I worked at Fry

Pros

Strong work-life balance in certain positions, excellent health care coverage (during my time) albeit quite expensive, competitive salary.

Cons

Constant threat of changes from parent company who purchased Fry in Mid-2008. They left everything alone for a good two years, but suddenly communication within Fry became very disjointed and gossip based, resulting in an unhealthy environment. Upper management within Fry did nothing to help this and in fact made the situation worse allowing Micros to become an ominous presence within the workplace. Once top talent began leaving the company, it cascaded on. My understanding now is that off-site and on-site Contractors are the way of life there.

Cleanse out bad apples (if they haven't left already) and get a handle on gossip. Not by ignoring it, but by addressing it and keeping it fun, or at least interesting.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Fry (View Most Recent)

OK

Current Employee - Programmer
    Current Employee - Programmer

I have been working at Fry

Pros

It is a very good company and employer friendly.

Cons

Salary is not so great.

It is a very good company and employer friendly.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Fry

Pros

As a senior software engineer, Fry has provided me with many opportunities to work large e-commerce clients and continue to learn new technologies. The work is very challenging and interesting. Management is also very understanding and fair.

Cons

Since Fry is a small company with only a few locations, there are not many opportunities to grow into senior management positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Fry

Worked for Fry? Contribute to the Community!