Fry

www.fry.com

A lot of change, not always for the best

Pros

This used to be a great place to be, but now that it has merged with MICROS there is a lack of strategy and communication internally. There are a lot of questions and not a lot of answers and unfortunately that has resulted in a lot of turnover. They are starting to figure things out, but not quick enough.

Cons

Lack of strategy sharing with staff.

Respect the staff and share more. Recognize contributions.

Other reviews for Fry

Great Company....Until Bought Out

Former Employee - Technical Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Director in New York, NY

Pros

Truly one of the great web stories under David Fry. Under new leadership, not so much.

Cons

Management has no idea. They are trying to turn a brilliant retailer shop into lower cost IBM, quality is not respected, talent is not respected.

Be the client. Stop trying to be IBM or ATG - be Fry, a classic retailer. Invest in long term and new ideas. Respect quality.

In spite of the bitter ex employee comments it is a great place to work.

Former Employee - Developer  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Developer in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

Relaxed environment that is getting lot's of new business. Omni-Channel integrations and solutions are taking off and a big hit in the market.
    It is funny but I have never seen so many ex employees that appear to be unable to move on. Change isn't for everyone. Omni channel suite of products has opened new doors and opportunities that wouldn't have been there had it remained Fry. Fry could not compete stand alone. There is a new energy in the AA office and it is really on the comeback trail. I am glad I didn't listen to the negative comments when I joined. Unfortunately I had to leave due to family reason. I will look to come back in the near future I hope.

Cons

Not adding new employees fast enough

There are newer employer reviews for Fry.

Worked for Fry? Contribute to the Community!