Fry
www.fry.com Ann Arbor, MI 150 to 499 Employees

It's just a job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Ann Arbor, MI

ProsThe atmosphere is casual, though that's changing a bit.
Management generally lets you come and go like an adult.
Medical benefits are pretty decent.
Co-workers aren't usually hostile.

ConsUpper management has been stripped of all authority since the Micros-Retail acquisition.
Middle-management titles are handed out like candy, in lieu of higher compensation.
Spot bonuses and / or salary adjustments are frequently promised, but rarely (if ever) materialize.
Employees with seniority are leaving en masse, and morale is terrible.
Projects and initiatives are reactive, rather than proactive, forever changing when a wheel gets squeaky.
General lack of direction and purpose in most departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementGather more information from Micros before terrifying employees in all-hands meetings (e.g. "We're more profitable than we've ever been, and that's why nobody's getting their annual bonus. Or we might.")
Stop making small token gestures to boost morale, and make a real one. Money and security are things you can take home. Leftovers from client meetings and access to a Kinect aren't.
Acknowledge that individuals are doing the work of two or more people because of the exodus, and adjust your expectations accordingly.

Good for work/life balance

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Fry

Pros: Good culture Good work/life balance Good salaries Cons: No good career advancements and promotions. Advice to Senior Management: VPs need to work in growing the company and hiring… More

Great and fast pace working env.

Systems Architect (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fry

Pros: Highly dynamic work env. gives great exp. in task management and… Cons: Not many people work at this location so less socializing… Advice to Senior Management: Keep increasing people and projects in SF location :) Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fry.

Worked for Fry? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fry reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fry CEO John E. Gularson. All reviews posted anonymously by Fry employees.