Co-workers are unfriendly and everyone tries to steal each others sales so watch out for them sharks.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Fry's Electronics part-time for less than a year

Pros

You don't have anybody watching over your back telling you what to do. If you don't sell you can't make money simple as that.

Cons

If you don't sell more then your minimum wage hourly you'll go into withdrawal and eventually get fired.

Bring back the hourly pay.

Other Reviews for Fry's Electronics

Be Afraid and RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Former Employee - Computer Merchandiser  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Computer Merchandiser in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Fry's Electronics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Apparently there are benefits. They are always hiring, due to the crippling turnover rate. If you need a job that pays minimum wage and you can put up with ANYTHING, then this might pay the bills for a time.

Cons

Minimum wage job requires you wear dress pants, white shirt and tie to work. Managers don't make over 13 dollars an hour even after working there for 5 years. Horrible customer service. A general feeling of hopelessness hangs in the air every day. Average employment time: 3 weeks. I was told "You aren't making money for yourself, you are making money for Randy Fry" Training is a joke. You get paid for narc-ing out other people for stealing. A lot of teenagers with a "holier than
     thou" attitude that would rather play on their smart phone than work. "Managers" are usually Pizza Hut employee rejects who kissed enough a** to get moved up. I have seen employees crying in their cars on break. You may get promised 40 hours, but don't be surprised if you get 24. Lots of new employees walk off the job after a few days after they find out the hiring sign was full of "inconsistencies". Electronics employees are often not able to answer the most simple of questions. Rumors that a few employees committed suicide over the last few years the store has been open- whether or not that was work related or the result of a person with no options, friends or help remains to be seen or mentioned. Overall: A Real hellhole. I have worked in many places and don't like to give negative reviews: all workplaces have some good if you look hard enough. Unfortunately, I didn't find much at Fry's.

Get a consulting firm that specializes in dealing with HUMANS with FEELINGS. Send Randy Fry to a tolerance and re-education camp. Update your computer systems to modern equipment, not the stuff you pulled out of a dumpster from 1994.

Didn't Get My Wedding Day Off

Former Employee - Computer Merchandiser  in  Fishers, IN
    Former Employee - Computer Merchandiser in Fishers, IN

I worked at Fry's Electronics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The coworkers were all fantastic and knowledgable. Fry's does employ some great people to work with.

Cons

The management is sloppy and very uncaring and unforgiving. Many times I was told that problems as severe as a parent in the emergency room were "not Fry's problem" and if I wanted to keep my job I could not go see them. It went so far that I was not given my wedding day off after two months notice.

Care just the tiniest bit about your employees and really try to make them feel better about their job

There are newer employer reviews for Fry's Electronics.

Worked for Fry's Electronics? Contribute to the Community!