Fry's Electronics
www.frys.com San Jose, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not bad...as long as you make your quota

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Fry's Electronics

ProsThe coworkers are pretty great and the discounts can be pretty steep. Since commission is uncapped, you can make well over the minimum wage of your hours worked.

ConsCommission only, so you could potentially work a full 8 hour shift and earn only a couple bucks if the floor is quiet. Plus, you don't get to pick your hours, so it's basically luck of the draw.

I was a manager

Appliance Manager (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Fry's Electronics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Mde great friends. Moved up really fast and was paid… Cons: No training whatsoever! Pretty much learn it all on your… Advice to Senior Management: Randy fry is an idiot. Instead of cutting the fat out of the corporate office. He's getting rid of his front line work force. Hey… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Could do better

Supervisor (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Fry's Electronics full-time for more than a year

Pros: Could make ok money for a retail job in sales.… Cons: Everything but mainly pay that goes down over time and not up. Company some how always feels like its going under (less… Advice to Senior Management: Create a business plan that last longer than 2 weeks before you give up. Empower your employees.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Fry's Electronics.

Worked for Fry's Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fry's Electronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fry's Electronics CEO Randy Fry. All reviews posted anonymously by Fry's Electronics employees.