Frye Regional Medical Center

www.fryemedctr.com
  www.fryemedctr.com
There are newer employer reviews for Frye Regional Medical Center

Quality medical facility with corporate mentality

Former Employee - Courier in Hickory, NC
Former Employee - Courier in Hickory, NC

I worked at Frye Regional Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Doctors, nurses, and ancillary staff care about their patients. Convenient location close to downtown area of Hickory. Technology and available diagnostic tools are up-to-date and great for a facility in a metro area of its size.

Cons

the corporation that owned the facility when I last worked there seemed more concerned with budgets and cutting expenses than providing quality patient care by encouraging and providing incentives staff to work as a cohesive team.

Do away with the across-the-board 'cost-of-living' raises and provide incentives based on measured performances and patient satisfaction.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Frye Regional Medical Center (View Most Recent)

I was treated fairly well.

Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Hickory, NC

I worked at Frye Regional Medical Center

Pros

The work schedule was flexible and fit my needs.

Cons

I didn't like the set up of the floors, and 12 hours is much too long to have to work.

Please hear our plea for a stable practice of doctors and a nice cost of living raise !!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Frye Regional Medical Center

Pros

The very best in technology, recognition in our heart center (tower), wonderful coworkers, educational opportunities as well as in-house educational classes.

Cons

The present physician situation is one of the biggest downsides. There are so many doctors working within the new hospitalist group, the patients are dissatisfied with some of the doctors and having to see so many diffiferent ones if they have an extended stay. The payscale is lower than any in this area and the raises given are lower than the standard. The shortage of nurses and the lack of advertisement in the local newspapers to try to recruit new nurses. Nurses week was not recognized well this year. Frye does not give Christmas bonuses as other hospitals do. They only give a gift card to a local grocery store for $30.00. Other hospitals are giving $400.00 and $500.00 bonuses. The badges are terrible. You can hardly read the names on them (especially if you are elderly). Can't even see the credentials very well and they are located at the very bottom.

To advertise for nurses in the local newspapers and to increase pay scales to at least match area hospitals.

There are newer employer reviews for Frye Regional Medical Center