There are newer employer reviews for Fuel Tech

Avoid this place unless you want to be beat down

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Batavia, IL
Current Employee - Project Engineer in Batavia, IL

I have been working at Fuel Tech

Pros

The travel opportunities to see the world are great. Being able to work unsupervised is a real plus too. If you work for Sales or Process you will be paid well and taken care of, you will get anything you need or want even if it is unwarranted.

Cons

The personalities at the top of the org chart makes one think of going postal. The flat-out lies by the CEO to the employees when he came on board should get him fired. The lack of respect given to the employees is a shamefull fact of working here. It did not used to be this way but with the managmeent that has come in here the last couple years it is a fact of life now.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage intelligent people properly. Be honest with us!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Where incompetent people go to retire!

I have been working at Fuel Tech

Pros

For the most part, we are able to work with minimal supervision. If you need time off, it is never an issue so they are very flexible in that sense. Most of the people are great to work with.

Cons

Communication is horrible. The senior management is in their own little world and very disconnected with the workers. They are too busy back stabbing each other to pay attention to really doing their own jobs and helping the people who report to them. There is no direction from management and therefore no recognition when you go above and beyond. There is no thought to promoting from within. Most of the V.P. level and up need to be chopped and start over before this company will be able to be on a the right track which is apparent by our ever falling stock price. Too many cliques among management to be effective. It is very hard to get fired so incompetent people are all over. Newer employees (past 2 years or so) are overpaid and at the top of the list for the incompetent people! Funny, they all seem to be friends from previous jobs!

Advice to Management

Stop fighting with each other and focus on the company itself. There are a lot of very good people who will leave as soon as the economy improves if they don't get their act together!

2. A.....

I worked at Fuel Tech

Pros

Excellent management and fellow colleagues. Technical experience and proven results are unmatched in the industry. The work load is high but the pay structure is among the best I've seen. I would highly recommend this company to others, in the event that the company is able to substantially lower its pricing to the customer.

Cons

Too much overhead effecting the companies ability to price jobs competitively in todays market place.