Fuhu

www.fuhu.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Fuhu

Lack of career managers…Tons of talent…

Current Employee - Marketing in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Marketing in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Amazing leads who come from very different backgrounds: big companies, small companies, ad agencies, or straight out from college. Most of them have a creative, product development or tech background. Very few are MBAs or ex consultants.
To me, it is a positive thing. Leads here are talented at what they do, and you can learn a lot if you are working closely with them. You can improve your skills, increase your experience and learn by doing. You get a lot of feedback on your work, very fast, and you know what’s expected pretty clearly. You don’t spend your time in endless meetings, and you don’t have to follow a lot of different processes, only a few key ones.
People who like figuring it out and coming up with solutions enjoy the environment; People who are waiting to be told what to do don’t. The leads are not professional managers, so they don’t spend their time giving you all the answers. You get coaching and mentorship, but it’s not always super structured.

Cons

Uncomfortable if you’re looking for a lot of direction and handholding

77 Other Employee Reviews for Fuhu (View Most Recent)

There are many fake reviews here, watch out.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Fuhu full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A few people are nice. I did enjoy working with a few individuals here.

Cons

- Probably the worst working experience of my life. I only stayed a few weeks.
    - This is a sweatshop. I was told that it was long hours, and I expected to be working with a purpose. Instead, found myself waiting for hours until 8PM rolled around, not because I had meaningful work to do, but because it was expected. This applied to the whole company.
    - Because everyone is working late hours, I saw lots of staff coming up with "ideas" to implement that just results in their apps becoming overstuffed with features.
    - They have lots of products in their "product graveyard". Just lots of apps that never caught on.
    - No clear direction or path. CEO is a sales person, not a developer. So lots and lots of talk but little to show for it.
    - Pay was pretty bad, especially considering the hours.
    - The head of development knows nothing about agile programming or marketing. I don't think the CEO knows either. I mean, so little it's embarassing.

UPDATE - they claim to develop products for the web, yet clearly have not heard of the fact that when you astroturf and post fake ratings of your own company, it tends to blow up in your face. I.e. like on this page.

You deserve everything you get.

creative & innovative company that's going places

Current Employee - Field Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Field Merchandiser

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pro to start ups = always surrounded by creative minds and innovative people!

Cons

Con to start ups = burnt out employees (work/life balance), but perks help with alleviate the long hours.

try to minimize politics, but which company/group/organization doesn't have at least a little politics

There are newer employer reviews for Fuhu