Fuhu As A Remote Employee

Current Employee - Field Force
Current Employee - Field Force

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great part about being remote is that your daily timeline can be flexible. As long as managers are kept updated changes can be made easily and not micromanaged. Due to travel time starting early is the best option which results in free afternoons, perfect for pickings kids up for school. While it is true Fuhu uses GPS to track remote employees, I see it as a benefit. I have worked with the company for a little under a year and consider this a safety feature and a plus for the position. The only time it would be seen as a negative is if you’re not doing the job required of you. This is also a great position to be out of office life while still having a team, including management, supporting you along the way. Finally, while travel time can be lengthy it is also figured into your average day and compensated accordingly. At no time will you be asked to spend personal funds without being quickly reimbursed the following pay period.

Cons

No paid time off. While this is a con it is clearly stated before one decides to take the position. Optional weekend work. It also results in a free day off the following week to compensate the change. A pro and a con.

reviews filtered by

Fuhu in the Field

Current Employee - Field Force Team
    Current Employee - Field Force Team

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours- Being from remote, I am provided with the flexibility of scheduling my own hours. Even though this position requires long distance travelling, driving is counted towards our 8 hour workday, in which we start and end the day from our home office.

Consistent communication with managers- Working independently, I was given the freedom to allocate my own time while still encouraged to reach out to managers for help/guidance when needed. We are provided with a work cellphone that allowed us to stay connected to the office/managers. There is a GPS tracker on the cellphone that is used for both mileage verification and safety purpose given the nature of the position. With that being said, communication is key. From my experience, managers have always been flexible to changes as long as they are notified.

Cons

No PTO- There is no paid time off for this position, which was already clearly communicated to me before I signed on.

Optional work weekends- We are encouraged to work on occasional weekends. However, we are given a day off the following week(day of your choice), to compensate for working the weekend.

A hostile environment managed by teenagers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are adequate benefits that comes with your typical modern technology company: free food & drinks, modern office, young demographic, team outings, casual environment. It's so unfortunate that Fuhu fails in every other way to be a successful, safe and efficient workplace.

Cons

As many others on Glassdoor have pointed out, their management is a joke. Managers and team leads are employees who have been promoted from entry level positions without proper training or good background/education, based on the fact that they are well liked by the in-crowd; actual professional experience and expertise are not factors. As such, the entirety of the company is comprised of people who have no idea how to lead a team, who cannot troubleshoot the issues within their grasp; they get overwhelmed, and either fire the employees they have not been trained to manage, or constantly throw others under the bus which pushed some of the nicest employees over the edge. The office reeks of a high school scene, where cliques are formed based upon how well members fit the mold, and unless you are willing to forego your actual work, professionalism and moral ethics to bring management information and gossip that they like to hear, you will not be well liked. Additionally, no issues should be brought up with their human resources management, as confidentiality clauses are not only consistently breached to share employee details with other employees outside the department, but also get people fired. For the duration of my employment, a minimum of one employee per week were either fired or had quit. The majority of new hires will not make it past 6 months. I have never worked for a company with such a high turnover rate in my life. Absolutely not the best choice for someone looking for a long-term, sustainable career with stable income.

Advice to Management

no advice can be given to those who embrace their biggest downfall as their "culture" and refuse to improve