Fuhu

There are newer employer reviews for Fuhu

Fuhu As A Remote Employee

Current Employee - Field Force
Current Employee - Field Force

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A great part about being remote is that your daily timeline can be flexible. As long as managers are kept updated changes can be made easily and not micromanaged. Due to travel time starting early is the best option which results in free afternoons, perfect for pickings kids up for school. While it is true Fuhu uses GPS to track remote employees, I see it as a benefit. I have worked with the company for a little under a year and consider this a safety feature and a plus for the position. The only time it would be seen as a negative is if you’re not doing the job required of you. This is also a great position to be out of office life while still having a team, including management, supporting you along the way. Finally, while travel time can be lengthy it is also figured into your average day and compensated accordingly. At no time will you be asked to spend personal funds without being quickly reimbursed the following pay period.

Cons

No paid time off. While this is a con it is clearly stated before one decides to take the position. Optional weekend work. It also results in a free day off the following week to compensate the change. A pro and a con.

75 Other Employee Reviews for Fuhu (View Most Recent)

HILARIOUS

Current Employee - Illustrator in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Illustrator in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (less than a year)

Pros

In a way, I'm so glad I found out about this company because I wouldn't have known about this Glassdoor review war. It's so fun to see the bad reviews get drowned out by glowing reviews and then a wave of bad reviews to make up for the five star ones--I can keep going on and on about this!

Cons

Well I worked at this place for a month. The president is awful, the upper management is all cliquey, and the employees are encouraged to keep their heads down and just work work work.

I'm glad I got fired!!!

A hostile environment managed by teenagers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are adequate benefits that comes with your typical modern technology company: free food & drinks, modern office, young demographic, team outings, casual environment. It's so unfortunate that Fuhu fails in every other way to be a successful, safe and efficient workplace.

Cons

As many others on Glassdoor have pointed out, their management is a joke. Managers and team leads are employees who have been promoted from entry level positions without proper training or good background/education, based on the fact that they are well liked by the in-crowd; actual professional experience and expertise are not factors. As such, the entirety of the company is comprised of people who have no idea how to lead a team, who cannot troubleshoot the issues within their grasp; they get overwhelmed, and either fire the employees they have not been trained to manage, or constantly throw others under the bus which pushed some of the nicest employees over the edge. The office reeks of a high school scene, where cliques are formed based upon how well members fit the mold, and unless you are willing to forego your actual work, professionalism and moral ethics to bring management information and gossip that they like to hear, you will not be well liked. Additionally, no issues should be brought up with their human resources management, as confidentiality clauses are not only consistently breached to share employee details with other employees outside the department, but also get people fired. For the duration of my employment, a minimum of one employee per week were either fired or had quit. The majority of new hires will not make it past 6 months. I have never worked for a company with such a high turnover rate in my life. Absolutely not the best choice for someone looking for a long-term, sustainable career with stable income.

no advice can be given to those who embrace their biggest downfall as their "culture" and refuse to improve

There are newer employer reviews for Fuhu