There are newer employer reviews for Fujitsu

The WORST company I have ever had the misfortune of being associated with.

Former Employee - Associate Practice Director  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Associate Practice Director in Seattle, WA

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

Pay was good. I was virtual, so I was flying all over the country, racking up frequent flyer miles and hotel points.

Cons

The bottom line is, the people there don't have a clue in how to run a business. I had zero support from my management. FC purchased Rapidigm, where I worked. I scheduled a 3 day weekend to take a short trip with my family. I made sure all my duties were being handled by a superior to me. Over the weekend, disaster struck and my boss told me it was all my fault. I explained that I had turned everything over to a fellow worked, who was senior to me. Turns out this guy lied and told my boss I hadn't turned over anything! I tried to explain to my boss that the superior had lied, but I wasn't believed and my boss didn't care. The next month the practice had a national meeting, and while my name wasn't mentioned, my boss used "MY" screwup as how the company was losing business, and how we can't have idiots working for us! I went to him afterwards in private, and asked him what exactly should I have done different? He said "Just do your f**ing job!" I told him I thought I was, but I could use some constructive feedback and guidance. He said I should know how to do my job, and he then walked away. This was all during the absorbtion of Rapidigm into Fujitsu Consulting. After this particular trip, I was then demoted, and then a few months later, laid off.

Maybe THEY should do their job?!!

219 Other Employee Reviews for Fujitsu (View Most Recent)

Beware

Former Employee - Associate Practice Director  in  Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Practice Director in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

The consultants were good, and great to work with. They can place you into a client, and you can gain a lot of skill very quick. Fujitsu Consulting is a large firm, and if you like to travel, then you can have a placement just about anywhere. If you can attach yourself to a large strategic project, then your resume will look rand. I would leverage Fujitsu Consulting as a place-holder to put onto your resume.

Cons

I worked within the MS Practice, and it was managed very poorly. Within the MS Practice there was complete turnover from management. Fujitsu is growing the MS Practice by acquisition, and integrating them poorly. They change the corresponding culture of those firms, into one of staffing, japanese style. In you are on the bench, then you need to be aware. They state that they will keep you on the bench for a period of time, but will only support it based on % budget available to keep people on the bench. The Sr. Management looks at consultants as inventory, rather than people.

Look for strategic long-term projects, rather than just a staffing person.

Fujitsu gives a decent balance of life

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

nice balance between life and work. They treat people with respect.

Cons

career growth is not so great. training opportunities are not so great

this company can grow faster if we use human resources in a better way. Reward or Fire should be adopted at all levels. Almost nobody gets fired for doing a bad job. Interview process is not so good. the screening should happen more professionally. If I get a chance, I would offshore the interviewing process to someplace where they can afford smart professionals to interview the candidates. Also, there should be "JUST IN TIME" training and offshore professionals should be able to train the candidates on what they need to do during bench time, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Fujitsu

Worked for Fujitsu? Contribute to the Community!