Furniture Brands International

www.furniturebrands.com
  www.furniturebrands.com
There are newer employer reviews for Furniture Brands International

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Internattional Account Representative in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Internattional Account Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Furniture Brands International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The management team is great

Cons

Training on new positions could be better

28 Other Employee Reviews for Furniture Brands International (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work. But, you will work hard at times.

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Furniture Brands International

Pros

Furniture Brands works hard to keep you up to speed on company projects.
    You will never feel alone. They will always have a backup. Management will work with you on personal time off when necessary.

Cons

At push times you will work very hard and long hours. Keeping up with paper work is the hardest part of the job and it's not bad.

One employee grew with the company and then they found a reason to let them go.

Break Our Backs. It's ok. We're poor anyway.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Furniture Brands International

Pros

Turnaround company - potentially. Brands have little recognition anymore, but I guess that's better than Swatch.

Cons

Turnaround ---- as in, like turning around the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. The home furniture industry is complicated. And old. And, it is not changing any time soon. In a fractured and marginalized industry, Brands have lost relevance. Sorry. It's true. So, for all the senior leaders who have come to turn this Titanic around, how long is that event horizon? Really? It's not 1-2 years. It won't happen that fast. It's probably 5-10 - and that will require a LOT of cash to build a new infrastructure, ad plan, stores, etc. Sales numbers can't support it. More, employee morale can't support it. You can barely encourage people to do what their told, much less give more. Management is as stiff as cardboard - or perhaps a case good. They lack creative thinking and are applying the business model of the 90s to a business culture of the 60s. Why not CHANGE completely. Put in flexible time. Let people work from home. Let them wear jeans. Put a red kick ball in the hallways. STOP saying we can't have fun, because we don't make money, and START saying - who the F cares... laugh at yourself a little, say - well, if we aren't making money, AT LEAST we can show people a good time. YOU MIGHT get a different outcome. YOU MIGHT get people who want to come to work again... Senior management is incapable of unbuttoning their ties and is too busy shopping the weekend sales at the Mercedes dealerships and watching corn-flake, cracker TV shows. They are not capable of doing what really needs to be done.

Let go. Let loose. Have some fun. Look at the top structure when thinking of cutting costs before jumping first to the bottom structure. 1 senior leader = 20 jobs in manufacturing, or sales, or wherever you need it. There is SO much waste at the TOP, but we are so LEAN at the bottom. It's time to Six Sigma yourselves!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Furniture Brands International