Furniture Fair

Itchy's Ad's are Faux Far Fetched

Former Employee - Sales in Goldsboro, NC
Former Employee - Sales in Goldsboro, NC

I worked at Furniture Fair

Pros

It's a clean job and you always look nice because you are professionally dressed. When customers are not in the store (most of the time it's void of customers) you can read a book or newspaper, call friends or family on your cell or even on their phone, go to nearby stores conveniently, or if you are favored there, you can go to Bojangles without clocking out then return and spend an indefinite time eating it--again, if you are favored. I'm not a big sports fan so I had to watch for customers while the others got to watch the ball games (no customers). You got 2 paid holidays off but they took it away from you by cutting hours. We often had to take less than 40 hours because there were no customers. They seemed to be pretty good about leaving if you got sick or had to go to a doctor's appointment if at least two others were on duty. The manager was very young then they got a much older one. You earned sick pay gradually.

Cons

They advertise Competitive Pay- but it's next to minimum wage $7 hour. You could try for commission but it was extremely hard to achieve, and if anything went wrong, you didn't get it. Like, if the order didn't come in on time. We always had the feeling we would be sabotaged anyway. Only one person kept trying to get it, but he had been there a long time and had a lot of family and friends and old customers to ask for him. Plus, he was "given" a lot of sales he didn't earn and stole customers from 3-4 other sales people I was told. They advertise Insurance Coverage, but when I heard it, it was a joke. It was a boring job, and I was ashamed to be there. They had three prices on merchandise: a highly inflated price, their advertised price, and if the item was on sale, a third price which was a percentage of the highly inflated price. The sales team had to dress business-like but the office staff could get by with anything--very unprofessional and sometimes very rude to customers or a salesperson. There is a whole lot of turnover so be forewarned!

The method used for changing ads wastes time, cards, and is redundant. Smart would be a mainstay card.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Furniture Fair (View Most Recent)

Ok

I have been working at Furniture Fair

Pros

Annual overseas incentive trip. Birthday cash given. Increment upon confirmation. Quarterly staff team bonding. Shuttle bus from MRT to office allows us to knock off on time.

Cons

Inconvenient working location. Bonus and increment getting lesser and lesser as years go by. Lots of politics around the office.

It was ok. Stores need updating

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Furniture Fair full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co workers are really great

Cons

They need to get more customers in the door

Advertise more