Fusion Systems Japan

www.fusionsystems.co.jp
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Fusion Systems Japan

Not good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

I worked at Fusion Systems Japan

Pros

there are few pros here. some of the sr. leaders are capable but others are NOT. sales appears to be a big problem.

Cons

poor salaries accept for a very few, no overtime pay but required to work OT, hard to take vacation, little development of skills

management needs to get a clue. head of sales is terrible. tons of engineer time wasted on b.s. internal stuff

13 Other Employee Reviews for Fusion Systems Japan (View Most Recent)

Huge upside for entry level employees

Former Intern - Java Development Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Java Development Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Fusion Systems Japan as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The Fusion team hired me as a summer intern in 2013. They provided me with instruction from the Japan office and one-on-one mentoring with the project Program Managers and experienced engineers. I was provided with hands-on exposure to Agile development methodologies and given specific assignments that reinforced the models being taught. The project team leaders were open and easily approachable when it came to roadblocks, and the critique of my assignments was always balanced between the needs of the project deliverable and what I needed to understand in order to deliver my task. At all times I was treated as a real contributor and not just a temporary staff member.
    After I returned to school to finish my senior year the Fusion managers stayed in touch and provided excellent references and support in my job search. I was invited back to the office and allowed to see the finished product that was released to the public.
    The team I worked with was great, lead by a very senior program manager that was actually off-site, but in communication with us on a daily basis. It was also a very international team with consultants from Asia, Europe and the US involved and each of them highly skilled in their practice areas. The practical application of basic computer science skills was invaluable. The insights from the senior developers changed the way I developed code after this position.

Cons

As an intern I didn't earn as much at Fusion as I thought I might have deserved. The office was in a warehouse and was in need of a significant upgrade to compare with other software development companies in California. (Note: They since have moved into a new office tower in Torrance, CA)

The management team was disconnected and that lead to some confusion. The Senior Partner was back and forth to Japan and the Junior Partner was heavily focused on sales, not engineering. My direct manager was based in Portland so communication was via SKYPE and phone calls. I would have liked to seen better organization of reporting lines and access to key information for project delivery.

the worst job i've ever had. positively, any job afterwards can only get better

I have been working at Fusion Systems Japan full-time

Pros

is it sad that i can't think of a single pro? i really tried... but i can rattle off tons of cons

Cons

laughable salary. make sure you negotiate well because raises and bonuses are non-existent words at this company. 5 COMBINED vacation/sick days. partners are only happy if you're out making money. be prepared to be unhappy & unsatisfied while here. they will constantly tell you that they're in an "entrepreneur phase" and that you have to live uncomfortably if you want to live large and reap the benefits later on. they've been saying that for years. they will always tell you company is doing badly so they don't have to give any raises. if you ask for a raise, they will tell you that you'll get one in a few months, then just shun you again in a few months. if you want to torture yourself, work here. if not, stay away at all costs!

too much advice to give that wouldn't be taken anyways

There are newer employer reviews for Fusion Systems Japan