There are newer employer reviews for Fusion-io

Great environment

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In my experience, the corporate culture is very open, very supportive of employees' growth and involvement. Even very junior employees have the opportunity to communicate to the higher levels of the company about what's going on. As a new college graduate entering the company I've been treated as a full team member and shown respect from day one.

There are also a lot of efforts to build community through fun events, from the monthly "birthday treats" to the book club and the ping-pong. It's a mixed bag, but the fact that there's constantly something going on is nice.

(Free) lunch is usually pretty good and reasonably healthy.

Cons

Communication could be improved; there have been some changes to improve upper management's connection to everyone else, but there are still a lot of things I've picked up from hearsay rather than having clear information through formal channels.

Benefits package, while health coverage etc. is fine, includes only the bare minimum of paid time off allowed by law and is similarly minimal about parental leave. In my group, at least, the ability to work from home makes that less of an issue, but official support is another matter. 401k matching is supposed to be included starting next year, though if my understanding is correct that will not be an appreciable amount.

102 Other Employee Reviews for Fusion-io (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, compensation, perks and work environment. I have really enjoyed my time at Fusion-io and even during rough times, it's been easy to believe in the overall vision of the company.

Cons

It has been stressful being short staffed, but has provided lots of opportunity to fill in the gaps, take on new responsibility and grow professionally. Some teams seem siloed and can be hard to work with.

Keep working to improve integration between different teams and breaking down silos.

From A-players to B and C-players. But still a great place to work.

Current Employee - SQA in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - SQA in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation. The lunch cafe is a REALLY nice perk, because the food is excellent and free. There are some really smart people working here, and it's great to be able to work with them. Pretty casual environment; still not too corporate.

Cons

When I started the place was full of A-players. Super sharp people getting things done. Through the growth, we've added some dead weight, and many people have gotten complacent. It's not the high-pace that we've had in the past. This probably isn't the case for all groups, by my director doesn't seem to be interested in fostering personal growth and letting people move into more challenging roles, which is demoralizing.

Spend time cultivating the company culture. I think it's a good culture overall, but could be better.

There are newer employer reviews for Fusion-io