Fusion-io

www.fusionio.com

Great environment

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsIn my experience, the corporate culture is very open, very supportive of employees' growth and involvement. Even very junior employees have the opportunity to communicate to the higher levels of the company about what's going on. As a new college graduate entering the company I've been treated as a full team member and shown respect from day one.

There are also a lot of efforts to build community through fun events, from the monthly "birthday treats" to the book club and the ping-pong. It's a mixed bag, but the fact that there's constantly something going on is nice.

(Free) lunch is usually pretty good and reasonably healthy.

ConsCommunication could be improved; there have been some changes to improve upper management's connection to everyone else, but there are still a lot of things I've picked up from hearsay rather than having clear information through formal channels.

Benefits package, while health coverage etc. is fine, includes only the bare minimum of paid time off allowed by law and is similarly minimal about parental leave. In my group, at least, the ability to work from home makes that less of an issue, but official support is another matter. 401k matching is supposed to be included starting next year, though if my understanding is correct that will not be an appreciable amount.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits, compensation, perks and work environment. I have really enjoyed my time at Fusion-io and… Cons: It has been stressful being short staffed, but has provided lots of opportunity to fill in the gaps,… Advice to Senior Management: Keep working to improve integration between different teams and breaking… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

From A-players to B and C-players. But still a great place to work.

SQA (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great compensation. The lunch cafe is a REALLY nice perk, because the food is excellent and free. There are some really… Cons: When I started the place was full of A-players. Super sharp people getting things done. Through the growth, we've added some dead weight, and many… Advice to Senior Management: Spend time cultivating the company culture. I think it's a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fusion-io.

Worked for Fusion-io? Contribute to the Community!