Fusion-io

www.fusionio.com
  www.fusionio.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fusion-io

Legacy of past haunts potential future growth

Current Employee - Level III Technical Support Escalation Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great market. Market leader position. Respect between departments is pretty strong. Overall environment is accepting and friendly.

Cons

Too many years of founder mismanagement and setting up a culture that can't say "no". Zero evidence of career ladder and certainly no career planning or HR support for career progression. No mentoring. Nothing.

Management can be inexperienced. No incentive to perform well or widen your professional scope in order to add value to the company as the management seems clueless as how to manage such a thing. And the incentives for working hard and contributing more than colleges is zero. Company is much less capitalistic than you would expect in Silicon Valley. Pace is slow for a "small" company. Incentive to innovate is zero.

Listen to employees who want to contribute more and compensate them appropriately. Get the company's stock price to rise consistently and do so with a rapid strategy

99 Other Employee Reviews for Fusion-io (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time

Pros

Open discussion. Smart co-workers. Free lunch. Snacks, Team activities. Managements has good grips of the company's problem and at least try to address them generally in sense ways. They are also generally willing to listen.

Cons

Has been struggling with financial goals. Wall Street doesn't seem to like the company much. Some teams are under-staffed.

Need to streamline the recruiting process. It took days to get HR responses when I was given the offer. When we are hiring, we also often wondering what is going on with the HR.

The whole company especially my team has very friendly and supportive environment.

Former Employee - Data Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at Fusion-io as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Free lunch, relaxing work environment.

Cons

Getting hold of people in the Salt Lake Office is a little hard.

Prioritize tasks.