Fuss & O'Neill, Inc.

www.fando.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Fuss & O'Neill, Inc.

A good place to work and grow

Current Employee - Project Manager in Manchester, CT
Current Employee - Project Manager in Manchester, CT

I have been working at Fuss & O'Neill, Inc.

Pros

Fuss & O'Neill is a relatively large, multi-disciplinary engineering firm that has managed to keep most of it's small company feel. They have a very active employee committee that organizes a of host of extra-curricular activities. The variety of projects allow engineers to explore different interest areas.

Cons

Located in Manchester, CT; not an ideal location!

Look for ways to trim overhead so that we are more price-competitive with our competition.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Fuss & O'Neill, Inc. (View Most Recent)

A good place to practice engineering... And getting better!

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Manchester, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Manchester, CT

I have been working at Fuss & O'Neill, Inc.

Pros

Fuss & O'Neill is large enough to be truly multi-disciplinary, yet small enough to feel like a family. The firm is active in a broad range of project types. This keeps things from getting boring and monotonous. Individuals with the right skills and potential to handle more advance quickly.

There is a core of forward-thinking executives that are really pushing to make Fuss & O'Neill a leader in sustainability. If there ideas are adopted, the firm will be well positioned for the future.

Cons

The firm has made several strategic acquisitions in the last few years. There have been some growing pains as these new entities are brought on board. There is a real danger that they will soon hit a "tipping point" and become a Dilbert-esque bureaucracy. Compensation is only average.

It's O.K. to jettison the ballast. Sometimes the most compassionate thing you can do for an under-performer is cut them free rather than allow them to wallow in mediocrity.

Good Internship Experience

Former Intern - Engineering Intern
    Former Intern - Engineering Intern

I worked at Fuss & O'Neill, Inc. as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, Opportunity to work on many different projects, Personal Growth, Positive work environment, After work activities. Management listened when I suggested changes to projects despite my internship status.

Cons

Small company that gets small projects, though this does mean that even interns have opportunities to contribute significantly to projects.

There are newer employer reviews for Fuss & O'Neill, Inc.