Futrend Technology

www.futrend.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Futrend Technology

The company truly values it's people

I have been working at Futrend Technology full-time

Pros

Small business feel where you know everyone.

Cons

Owners can be too involved.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Futrend Technology (View Most Recent)

Great place for a public-sector consultant

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Futrend Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff
    Flexible working arrangements
    Good career progression

Cons

Salaries are not the highest in the regional industry

Keep up the great work of growing the company organically. Remember that contractors are almost always motivated by pay and to keep salaries competitive. Also remember that your boots-on-the-ground PMs know the customer needs best.

Lack of transparency, accountability, and opportunity for growth.

I worked at Futrend Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Gym subsidy was nice.
    I was personally paid well, however found out some people were SEVERELY under paid

Cons

Extremely high turnover... Around 8 people quit one project in a two month time frame. Not to mention the several other people who quit on other projects.

No transparency or trust among employees or between management and staff, lots of "whispering in the hallway" so to speak.

Unfair compensation structure, some people were wildly underpaid to perform tasks similar to their counterparts.

Management has serious issues managing client expectations which ultimately turns into unfair and unecessary pressure on employees.

Leadership has a totalitarian "do as I say" mentality. Diversity of thought or opinion is often met with contention.

The promise of mobility, upward or lateral, is simply a farce. Terrible employee review process, I was there for a year and despite my efforts could never get firm goals established; guess what that means come review time 0_o

Poor documentation processes/best practices (if they even have any).

SIDE-NOTE: I'm honestly surprised by the reviews. I wasn't going to add one because I didn't want to be seen as "bitter". I learned a lot about the importance of company culture and managing upward (even when you shouldn't have to) while at Futrend. However, I don't want anyone to be mislead by what are clearly inflated or planted reviews.

Specifically to the owners because middle management is reacting specifically to your "management style":
    Managing by fear will not get you very far. Relax, trust your people a bit more and stop treating them like captive animals. Actually listen to your employees when they come to you with suggestions or concerns. I actually worked with some great people at Futrend whose hands were simply tied in many situations by totalitarian beauracracy and red tape. Last, do some self-reflection and analaysis...people are leaving at such a quick pace for a reason. Despite what you may think there is a culture flaw, and people will only tolerate it for so long.

There are newer employer reviews for Futrend Technology