Future Electronics

There are newer employer reviews for Future Electronics

Avoid this company - They are NOT good to work for

Former Employee - FAE
Former Employee - FAE

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no Pros that I can think of.
The only Pro I had was leaving them and getting a job at a company that treats you like a human being.

Cons

They promise advancement and pay rises, and after being there for 2 years discovered that is a lie because after talking to other staff in the branch I worked at I found out that some had not had a pay rise in 10 years, but many had pay cuts or consistent rearranging of pay structures, which result in pay cuts (Especially sales).

If you are traveling in the field as a sales person or engineer you have to pay for everything (Rental cars, personal meals, hotel, customer meals, fuel etc) out of your own pocket (Flights are only thing they cover) and then if you are lucky they might refund you a month or three down the line, this can easily be a $2000 to $3000 bill per month and they will not pay the interest that your credit card charges.

If you are on a MBO plan they change your targets at the end of the quarter to make it hard or impossible to achieve... MBO's could be 25% to 30% of your income package.

Being ONLY allowed to do air travel outside of work hours can mean your work days starts at 3am and finishes at 11pm. This seriously sucks and adds major stress to family life.

The amount of paperwork and reporting they require is obscene and restricts you from doing your job effectively, then they complain that you are not doing enough customer visits!
Found out recently that they have to report in each morning and then file reports at the end of the day... .basically 2 hours every day just doing paper work.... and they expect you to visit a minimum of 3 to 5 customers at their sites every day, which could be a 2 to 3 hour drive away.
They turn around and complain that you are not achieving your goals but have no clue that they are the ones that are restricting you from achieving them!

Management treats you as an expendable asset not a person.

When you try to leave they will try to block you from going to any competition or an supplier on their line card, which is actually illegal, if they do that then sue them.

Do not be fooled by the promises they make in your interviews they will not come true.
If you are thinking about it, go somewhere else, if you are still there, get out.

There policy is "Future First" - Family, religion, heath are very low down on Futures list of priorities.

The best thing I did was quit and get another job.... I took a pay cut to go else ware but I have more money in the bank and less stress, and am much better off... oh and actually got pay raises!

Don't be anal, treat your staff like people instead of numbers!
Give your staff purchasing cards if they are traveling!
Reduce the stupid amounts of reporting and paperwork so they can get on with their job.
Be realistic with MBO goals Set them in the first week of the quarter and DO NOT CHANGE THEM!!
Allow air travel during work hours as the staff are technically working, or compensate them for the extra hours if they travel outside of work hours.

96 Other Employee Reviews for Future Electronics (View Most Recent)

Run

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Future Electronics full-time

Pros

On site nurse, gym (outdated), cafeteria (expensive and not fresh), dry cleaner. If you have the right manager, you can learn a lot.

Cons

Extremely stressful environment, politics, rampant nepotism. There have been layoffs despite what some may believe. It's a work until you drop atmosphere which will either make you or break you. Most likely the latter. Turnover is very high

Bring back raises instead of the little feel good events. Appreciating your employees isn't about a free lunch, it's about proper compensation and workloads.

Could be a good company

Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The most knowledgeable people in the industry. The environment is fast paced but in a good way.

Cons

Don't work here unless you like NEPOTISM!!! This place is patheic when it comes to playing favourites. Only friends of the managers get ahead and the managers get away with doing whatever they want. Examples: Hiring their friends because they can, moving large accounts to their friends, arriving late and leaving early.... The list goes on and on. The president says be open, let me know when an employee is being dishonest. Oh really? I did exactly that and nothing happened. I quit here when I just could not stomach the unethical behaviour of my manager any longer.

Listen to employees! Get in touch, get a clue.

There are newer employer reviews for Future Electronics