Nothing new in the world of 1099 employment

Current Employee - Independent Sales Agent in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Independent Sales Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well, if you have plenty of business contacts in your network this could be a great way to monetize those relationships. Every business needs the ability to accept payments by credit and debit. The compensation is pretty straight forward, and they provide a company tablet to present with that eliminates the need for submitting paperwork and speeds up the process.

Cons

The leads they promise as qualified appointments are no such thing. The business owner has never heard or at least doesn't remember the name Future Paytech, and they are surprised to see you when you show up for your "appointment" if they are even there to begin with. Many times the merchant who was "qualified" is hostile towards you, or just plain too busy to give you a few minutes of your time. Your corporate manager insists that these are good leads, but in the end you are the one there to experience the opposite. I have worked independently for other processing companies and decided to try out future paytech because it seemed easier and straight forward (tablet) but the main reason was for leads so I'd have something to get started. The leads are terrible IMO, and I am actually a very good salesperson with experience d2d, retail, and event from 20-20,000 $ items.

My advice is if you are a good salesperson, contract with a different company to provide these services. Compensations are much higher then with future paytech and while it will be completely cold calling business (at least at first) its better then driving around on bogus appointments.

Advice to Management

Don't claim that these are qualified leads when in fact they are not. You are no different, telemarketing small business and getting the quickest yes doesn't count as a qualified lead. If it were so qualified the merchant would know the name of your business at the very least.

Also, changing your name from crescent and claiming that future paytech bought them is garbage. The trade name is registered feb 2013 future paytech....owner is crescent processing. Same company, same problems. The difference is that unsuspecting merchants wont be able to find much from a google search of future paytech except for their website and their artificial "customer reviews" on 3rd party websites.

Future Paytech Response

Jan 16, 2014Marketing Director

We apologize that you encountered some frustration with your appointments. Please know that we always strive to ensure our appointments are fully qualified. To help achieve that, we have several ... More

reviews filtered by
  1. Good place, can always improve but nice environment

Current Employee - Corporate Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Future Paytech (More than a year)

Pros

As a smaller company, the environment here is less rigorous than some larger environments I've been part of. No place is perfect, including here. But at least in my role here, I can enjoy being able to communicate with the reps on how they can continue to grow and improve. No one micro-manages me, which I've also encountered in the past. Here, it is open communication, and as managers we're encouraged to think for ourselves (within reason, company policies always apply), but with a little common sense and judgement, I've found I have the freedom to grow here.

Cons

We need to evaluate some new products/techniques so we can become more successful.

Advice to Management

Keep looking to add to our product line; helps us and our reps in the field.

2. some challenges, but good overall experience

I worked at Future Paytech full-time

Pros

friendly people, laid back office, open door policy. I was able to come into contact with a lot of interesting people and I got to learn more about the day-to-day operations of many different areas of the business, such as underwriting.I ended up moving out of state but I did enjoy working there

Cons

small company with a limited budget. like another reviewer said we do need to invest more in updated technology. The tablets we've been using we've had for several years now.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in more technology and new products.