There are newer employer reviews for Future Paytech

Nothing new in the world of 1099 employment

Current Employee - Independent Sales Agent  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Independent Sales Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well, if you have plenty of business contacts in your network this could be a great way to monetize those relationships. Every business needs the ability to accept payments by credit and debit. The compensation is pretty straight forward, and they provide a company tablet to present with that eliminates the need for submitting paperwork and speeds up the process.

Cons

The leads they promise as qualified appointments are no such thing. The business owner has never heard or at least doesn't remember the name Future Paytech, and they are surprised to see you when you show up for your "appointment" if they are even there to begin with. Many times the merchant who was "qualified" is hostile towards you, or just plain too busy to give you a few minutes of your time. Your corporate manager insists that these are good leads, but in the end you are the one there to experience the opposite. I have worked independently for other processing companies and decided to try out future paytech because it seemed easier and straight forward (tablet) but the main reason was for leads so I'd have something to get started. The leads are terrible IMO, and I am actually a very good salesperson with experience d2d, retail, and event from 20-20,000 $ items.

My advice is if you are a good salesperson, contract with a different company to provide these services. Compensations are much higher then with future paytech and while it will be completely cold calling business (at least at first) its better then driving around on bogus appointments.

Don't claim that these are qualified leads when in fact they are not. You are no different, telemarketing small business and getting the quickest yes doesn't count as a qualified lead. If it were so qualified the merchant would know the name of your business at the very least.

Also, changing your name from crescent and claiming that future paytech bought them is garbage. The trade name is registered feb 2013 future paytech....owner is crescent processing. Same company, same problems. The difference is that unsuspecting merchants wont be able to find much from a google search of future paytech except for their website and their artificial "customer reviews" on 3rd party websites.

Future Paytech Response

Jan 16, 2014Marketing Director

We apologize that you encountered some frustration with your appointments. Please know that we always strive to ensure our appointments are fully qualified. To help achieve that, we have several ... More

30 Other Employee Reviews for Future Paytech (View Most Recent)

An interesting ride so far

Current Employee - Sales Agent  in  Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was hired on as one of their remote Sales Agents. They do give you a tablet when you start that is loaded with a presentation and you use that tablet when you meet with prospective clients. I like the tablet because most people are familiar with tablets now and I've found that most people are visual. Otherwise, merchants get really bored or distracted. You don't have long to make impression - we're talking 30 - 60 seconds here in come cases. Like someone else said, they do have sales conference calls and they usually last no more than 20 - 30 minutes – I actually wish they'd last a little longer because I think we can share more selling tips, but I am sure they're trying to get us off the phone so we can get to our next appointment.

Cons

I think the sales presentation could look a little more sophisticated. We’re competing with the bigger players out there.

Keep the sales calls going and continue to recognize the performers and the hard work that it takes out here in the field. I am eager to see what other products are coming down the line because there is A LOT of competition in our line of work, so we really need more cutting edge products to effectively compete.

Enjoy working here but save your gas money

Current Employee - Sales Agent  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve never been one to enjoy working in an office setting, so I appreciate the flexibility of working from home and on the road. Since we’re all remote and all over the US, we have weekly sales meetings where we call in to discuss our progress with management, along with anything new that’s going on with the company (products, etc). From my past experience, communication is a joke at many companies. These calls are good because they highlight peoples individual successes and provide public recognition on the call. Sometimes in our line of work, I’ve felt like we’re an afterthought.

They do give you a tablet that you can use when you present your materials to prospective merchants – that’s a more up-to-date approach than lugging around a tone of printed sell sheets.

Cons

You will have to drive to your appointments to meet merchants and sometimes they’re not as geographically as close as you’d like them to be.

Please try to schedule appointments closer to one another.

There are newer employer reviews for Future Paytech

Worked for Future Paytech? Contribute to the Community!