Life@FS India

Current Employee - Managing Associate in Mumbai (India)
Current Employee - Managing Associate in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Futurestep

Pros

- Variety of mandates - Good boss -Great Brand

Cons

-Pathetic pay -Some seniors are pathetic -Favoritism towards certain non-performers -no clarity on credit distribution.

Advice to Management

Please introspect and change your way of work. There is no clarity whether we are a poor-mans-Korn/Ferry ( Single Search) or a full fledged RPO. I think we are a great brand with a great future but with poor business planning.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Changing, yes... but still a great place to work

I have been working at Futurestep

Pros

Transparency of strategy. A very diverse product offering which means financial stability. Many opportunities to engage with senior leaderhship, regionally and globally. Not a perfect training or onboarding system, but Futurestep is investing heavily to bring a world class talent management system in, so that our training and initiation process will become second to none. Recently there have been several very senior hires globally, which shows FS is investing at the top and bringing some world class operators in to the picture. I think futurestep is well set up for the next stage - remembering that as a company it's only 10 years old... not many other players can say they got to this stage, worts and all, in just 1 decade.

Cons

Process and systems need to be improved. There is a new global CEO (no longer Bob McNabb) who has 4 global initiatives to get these tasks underway. He's a very strong process operator, with an impressive background, so I can only see this improving. As a business we don't advertise much - need to get out there more.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, communicating, and investing in initiatives. We can only hire dynamic people who are comfortable with change - as a result, we'll have a world class outfit.

Working for the Best Known Company isn't all it's cracked up to be

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Futurestep

Pros

Being attached to the Korn Ferry brand name is good at the senior levels Split desk model - BD done by mgmt team so recruiters can focus on one side of the equation Paid salary instead of draw/commission

Cons

Noone has heard of Futurestep - constantly mistaken for Futureshop. At the mid-level, most people haven't heard of Korn Ferry Mgmt doesn't always bring recruiters to client site, so information for a search is often delivered second hand Database is cumbersome to use and outdated Research support poor Competition between Korn-Ferry and Futurestep for roles when the market started to decline.

Advice to Management

Invest in training and technology for sourcers and recruiters Don't be so quick to cut support staff when times are tough - morale suffers and as a result, everyone ends up looking for new opportunities when the market improves