Fuze

www.fuze.com
  www.fuze.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fuze

Pretty good product, average leadership, culture lacking

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Engineering has new leadership which is hopeful (if they last). Sales team is fun, young, talented with a strong leader. Product is sexier than the competition. Good location. High performers rewarded. Weaker links are weeded out. Free lunch on Fridays.

Cons

Lack of clear strategy and vision - can't trust what leadership says. Product improving, but nowhere near Enterprise ready. Technology infrastructure is poor leading to product failures for major customers, many who are unhappy. Internal systems a disaster. CEO talks a big game but rarely backs it up. A lot of talking behind people's backs instead of giving direct feedback.

When things go wrong, look at yourself rather than blaming others. Be honest with yourselves, your employees and your customers, and the investors. Invest in fixing what is broken and build a good foundation for growth. Figure out what makes Fuze truly different or you won't last.

Fuze Response

Jul 26, 2013Director of Recruiting

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the new leadership! It's true that we are having some growing pains like most fast growing tech startups, but hopefully you've noticed that things have improved ... More

68 Other Employee Reviews for Fuze (View Most Recent)

Not a happy place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, nice location convenient for commuting, most of the people are nice, catered lunches on Fridays, free coffee & espresso.

Cons

* Constant crisis mode
    * Having to work with engineers in Bulgaria.
    * Extremely buggy apps that were nearly impossible to maintain.
    * Sales & marketing driven, rather than engineering driven.

Throw away all of the code & rewrite it from scratch, not using engineers in Bulgaria.

Fuze Response

Jul 26, 2013Director of Recruiting

Thanks for the constructive feedback. Hopefully you're feeling some of the positive impact our new Engineering and Product leaders have brought to the company since you wrote your review. Like all ... More

great gig! fun, making money and customers dig the product!

Current Employee - Salesperson in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (less than an year)

Pros

lots of energy at this company. manager is great, smart and knows how to work deals, tough but fair. he let the weak ones go and is focused on making things better for everyone. the product is fun to sell and we win regularly over gotomeeting and webex. New engineering and marketing execs are awesome!

Cons

tight work area, glad we are moving soon. marketing tools are weak and need to get better. everything keeps going the way it's heading i'll change my 4 out of 5 stars to 5 out of 5

dont sweat the small stuff, we'll kill it no matter what. keep commitment to improve other departments

There are newer employer reviews for Fuze