There are newer employer reviews for Fuze

Great opportuinty, green leadership, lot's of confusion among employees

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food, Yoga, beer/alcohol wagon rolled through the office often. Little pressure, low expectations, relaxed culture

Cons

CEO is pretty green, but a nice guy. Mgmt team is not from the space and do not communicate with employees. Our revenues are falling like a knife and we seem to be OK with that because revenues get in the way of progress... or so says our CEO. Hmmm.. seems odd to most of us.

start communicating and respect your teams. This is not Yammer. It's not a social network and all the Yoga and free food does not make our product sell against Citrix, Webex, Join.Me and others. We have to get the sand out of our eyes and get back to work. Mgmt needs to lead the charge as opposed to this believe that an employee culture makes product fly off the shelves. Some basic, rudimentary knowledge of this market would certainly be helpful. But listen, understand and then take action.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Fuze (View Most Recent)

The golden age of Fuze has come and gone...

I worked at Fuze full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is still a good handful of extraordinary employees who work here and keep the culture alive during a massive growth spurt (though it is dwindling). The company WILL succeed, but at the cost of many talented individuals. The product is one that will be unparallelled in the industry, so anyone who actually gets hired on now has a great opportunity in front of them...so long as those typical corporate egos and the self-promoting mid and upper management teams can learn some humility, work WITH their teammates and promote the health of the community, not just the product and its sales.

Cons

It's a difficult time to work at Fuze. Much has changed, and IS changing and the old community-vibe that once produced self-motivated, creative thinkers has now become a unanimous robotic and blase work force without much unique energy. Fuze used to be a place where you worked incredibly hard and had a blast while you did it. Now, you have to talk your closest friends and coworkers off a ledge on a daily basis and it has little to do with the stress of a new brand and a new interface. There is no longer a Fuze family, but a Fuze army.

There's still a fairly vivid divide between veteran Fuze employees and those newly hired on with by new regime. There exists an odd delineation of people who have all worked together before at Fuze and who have all worked together before at Yammer, which is killer to the culture. Anyone who hasn't worked for Yammer fears for their job on a weekly basis.

Interviews are hardly interviews at all for former Yammer crew members, but for any incoming newbie outside of Yammer, you'd be lucky if you scored an interview at all. Those who have bled Fuze blue for years would likely never be hired today despite their level of loyalty and expertise, which leaves them feeling severely undervalued, severely underpaid, and severely anxious to go elsewhere and apply their incredible talent to a company that would value it.

Can what you knew about Yammer. It doesn't apply to Fuze in an applicable way. Get your hands dirty, express humility and honesty, be empathetic and immerse yourself in the struggles of your customers, employees, and the industry leaders because you can change the interface and brand all you like, but if the foundational values of the company crap the bed, so too will the product and those who support it. Love your employees more than your product, because at the end of the day, they make or break the success of the brand, the product, the concept, and the execution of all of the above. And finally...pay your work force what they deserve. I make now, twice what I made at Fuze for a similar position, and every other offer I've received has fit a similar pay bracket. It makes me ill to think of the time wasted living paycheck to paycheck at Fuze to receive such little support both professionally and personally. Your value lies in those you elect to represent your company, so prove it.

High potential, long way to go

I worked at Fuze full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employees (made coming to work easy), fun culture (good work/life balance, lots of young, talented people), start-up vibe (ping pong table, casual attire, laid back). Fuze as a product has a lot of potential. It is very sleek and intuitive - I still use it at my current company :)

Cons

Although it continues to improve, Fuze is still an immature & unreliable product. There is minimal transparency from new management. Employees aren't given the resources/tools to succeed. Career development is extremely unclear. There are constant ups and downs, but that is true of any start up.

New management - you have made a vast improvement. There has been a huge leap in integrity, professionalism & organization (I like David!).

However, it is not a wise move to undervalue your current employees. Transparency about the direction of the company is next to nothing unless you were brought over from Yammer. It should be a team effort, no matter your past employer. If you were wise, you'd appreciate the employees you currently have, utilize their talents & not risk losing them to competition. Your turn over is high and that reputation does not go unnoticed (trust me, it is recognized within the tech industry). You can only recruit many ex-Yammer's.

There are newer employer reviews for Fuze

Worked for Fuze? Contribute to the Community!