There are newer employer reviews for Fuze

FuzeBox is an exciting place to be. But with growth comes ambiguity.

Current Employee - User Experience Designer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time for less than a year

Pros

People at Fuze are enthusiastic, nice, and dedicated. We're growing. And that's awesome. You get a lot of opportunity to spread your wings and push boundaries. We're working on a holistic, open culture where the various departments can help each other out.

Cons

We're growing. And that can be a disconcerting if you want a work life with more structure.

Failure is the road to success. Don't be afraid to fail. Fail fast, fail early, fail often.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Fuze (View Most Recent)

Great opportuinty, green leadership, lot's of confusion among employees

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food, Yoga, beer/alcohol wagon rolled through the office often. Little pressure, low expectations, relaxed culture

Cons

CEO is pretty green, but a nice guy. Mgmt team is not from the space and do not communicate with employees. Our revenues are falling like a knife and we seem to be OK with that because revenues get in the way of progress... or so says our CEO. Hmmm.. seems odd to most of us.

start communicating and respect your teams. This is not Yammer. It's not a social network and all the Yoga and free food does not make our product sell against Citrix, Webex, Join.Me and others. We have to get the sand out of our eyes and get back to work. Mgmt needs to lead the charge as opposed to this believe that an employee culture makes product fly off the shelves. Some basic, rudimentary knowledge of this market would certainly be helpful. But listen, understand and then take action.

The golden age of Fuze has come and gone...

I worked at Fuze full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is still a good handful of extraordinary employees who work here and keep the culture alive during a massive growth spurt (though it is dwindling). The company WILL succeed, but at the cost of many talented individuals. The product is one that will be unparallelled in the industry, so anyone who actually gets hired on now has a great opportunity in front of them...so long as those typical corporate egos and the self-promoting mid and upper management teams can learn some humility, work WITH their teammates and promote the health of the community, not just the product and its sales.

Cons

It's a difficult time to work at Fuze. Much has changed, and IS changing and the old community-vibe that once produced self-motivated, creative thinkers has now become a unanimous robotic and blase work force without much unique energy. Fuze used to be a place where you worked incredibly hard and had a blast while you did it. Now, you have to talk your closest friends and coworkers off a ledge on a daily basis and it has little to do with the stress of a new brand and a new interface. There is no longer a Fuze family, but a Fuze army.

There's still a fairly vivid divide between veteran Fuze employees and those newly hired on with by new regime. There exists an odd delineation of people who have all worked together before at Fuze and who have all worked together before at Yammer, which is killer to the culture. Anyone who hasn't worked for Yammer fears for their job on a weekly basis.

Interviews are hardly interviews at all for former Yammer crew members, but for any incoming newbie outside of Yammer, you'd be lucky if you scored an interview at all. Those who have bled Fuze blue for years would likely never be hired today despite their level of loyalty and expertise, which leaves them feeling severely undervalued, severely underpaid, and severely anxious to go elsewhere and apply their incredible talent to a company that would value it.

Can what you knew about Yammer. It doesn't apply to Fuze in an applicable way. Get your hands dirty, express humility and honesty, be empathetic and immerse yourself in the struggles of your customers, employees, and the industry leaders because you can change the interface and brand all you like, but if the foundational values of the company crap the bed, so too will the product and those who support it. Love your employees more than your product, because at the end of the day, they make or break the success of the brand, the product, the concept, and the execution of all of the above. And finally...pay your work force what they deserve. I make now, twice what I made at Fuze for a similar position, and every other offer I've received has fit a similar pay bracket. It makes me ill to think of the time wasted living paycheck to paycheck at Fuze to receive such little support both professionally and personally. Your value lies in those you elect to represent your company, so prove it.

There are newer employer reviews for Fuze

Worked for Fuze? Contribute to the Community!