G.A. Wright

www.gawright.com
There are newer employer reviews for G.A. Wright

frustrating

I worked at G.A. Wright

Pros

Casino experience gained, customer relations, campaign work

Cons

poorly managed, no vacation, no clear cut direction on how to market themselves. Employees are not treated well and job descriptions aren't clearly defined. Owner does not fully understand the advertising side and refuses to be more open to current trends/changing client needs.

Allow employees with specific skill sets and responsibilities according to their job description to do their job without fear of push back. Respect them for what they were hired to accomplish and listen to constructive criticism. Involve creatives in brainstorming discussions with client and the project as a whole, which will ultimately improve company morale, nurture client relationships and open the door to future business.

17 Other Employee Reviews for G.A. Wright (View Most Recent)

Retail Consultant

Current Employee - Retail Marketing Consultant
    Current Employee - Retail Marketing Consultant

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

If your goal is to work for yourself helping small to medium sized businesses succeed, enjoy traveling, and having control of how much time you want to work, GAW is right for you, as it has been for me these past 7 years! Everybody at GAW, from owner Gary Wright to the receptionists have been nothing but nice, proffessional, and always available to answer any question or give assistance as needed. I don't understand some of the negative posts I have read here, as this is not the experience I have encountered. This is a business, and as in any business, you must work hard to succeed, and those who succeed will always be held in greater esteem. As an independent contractor, you can control your own destiny, just accomplish the tasks at hand, in the manner prescribed. Those who don't find success here are either incapable of running a successful business, or do not want to put forth the effort to accomplish their goals. I for one do, and will continue to do so, as I truly enjoy what I do and the folks I work with at G.A. Wright.

Cons

Sometimes the travel does get a bit long, especially when you are across country from your home for an extended period of time, but you must take the good with the bad, as we all were aware of the requirements of our position at GAW.

More communication between field consultants, regional reps and management.

22 years of professional association

Current Employee - Retail Marketing Consultant in Port Huron, MI
    Current Employee - Retail Marketing Consultant in Port Huron, MI

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have had excellent support and relationship for 22 years without 1 complaint or problem. Working remote from Denver, CO anywhere in North America, it is essential to have good communications and support from the home office. In every case this was provided by Gary Wright and his staff.

Cons

You are away from home. So you have to like meeting new people in new places. Every assignment has an interesting challenge.

Keep up the good work