G&K Services

www.gkservices.com
  www.gkservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for G&K Services

If you shake their hand, make sure you count your fingers.

Former Employee - TSR Territory Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - TSR Territory Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at G&K Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent base salary, decent benefits, purchase discounts on clothes, perceived potential to make a lot of money (ha ha), extensive training program.

Cons

They were dishonest through the whole hiring process. They did not mention that you can lose your base salary if you have a negative adjust on your commission. They also tell you many times that their service is the best in the industry but it is no better than any other uniform company. I was told that I would be working in one city and occasionally have to travel to where the plant is in another state but I ended up have to drive 2 hours away every Monday morning for 8 months! I ended up working 12 hour days for 8 months and never made a substantial commission to speak of. The very top of the sales team make about 70-80K and that is about 2% of sellers, everybody else is averaging about $50K including the base. There is also a TON of work to do on the back end when you actually do get some poor unsuspecting soul to change to your half-rate service, again something they lied about and said you don't have to do, it is a "hunter position". Don't waste your time with G&K from one salesperson to another, it was the worst experience I've ever had selling. A ton of stress, long hours, and crap pay.

Don't be completely dishonest to your employees and your customers and expect them to stay for more than 6 months which is about the average time salespeople work for this place.

188 Other Employee Reviews for G&K Services (View Most Recent)

Solid company, good benefit package and 401k match

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at G&K Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay
    Good benefits
    Work at your own pace

Cons

Dirty job
    Training is lacking at times
    Micro-managed at times

There needs to be better support from the plant, too many issues
    Sales dept. needs to explain our service better to potential customers, it's very frustrating when a new contact wasn't exposed to what charges there will be on their invoice.

Cathartic

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at G&K Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, can take vacation normally with problems, depends on the lead a good shift

Cons

If you know more then others you are held back as insurance, sometimes just anyone can be given a position, disciplinary actions aren't taken enough, non consistence work flow, and fellow employees not taken job tasks with consideration of themselves and/ or others

Better background checks and not only considering your needs then that of the employees

There are newer employer reviews for G&K Services