There are newer employer reviews for G&K Services

A great time to work for G&K!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at G&K Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I highly recommend G&K if you're looking for a rewarding career in a service industry. The company is the right size to provide ample career opportunities while still allowing easy access to all levels of leadership. Great team of people to work with and strong leadership.

Cons

It's a fast paced environment and you will work hard if you want to succeed. This can be a con for some, but it's energizing for many including me.

Keep up the good work. You are leading us in the right direction...up!

167 Other Employee Reviews for G&K Services (View Most Recent)

Company that does not value employees

Former Employee - Production Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at G&K Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed many of the people with whom I worked. The health insurance was pretty good and reasonably priced. I was paid pretty well.

Cons

The production managers are constantly blamed for the failures of the plant. Local upper management is so consumed with sales that they cannot understand the cost savings of running the plant well. You are expected to be at work for a minimum of 50 hours per week and calling in sick is NEVER an option. G&K is set up to wring every last ounce of productivity from management so that they will leave after a few years. They may promote quickly but beware of dishonest expectations. Holidays are terrible due to the type of industry.

Renewed focus on change and company improvement

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at G&K Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The short term and long term goals are communicated across the company thoroughly and celebrated as goals are achieved. The Corporate office is fast paced, and high energy with many cross functional projects including sales, service and corporate staff members.

Cons

Change management within the entire company can be challenging. With a large company footprint, generating excitement for new ideas requires buy-in from many different company roles and tenure.

Keep up the great communication to the entire company regarding team goals, but also communicate the key projects the company is focusing on to help achieve those goals to better facilitate the why.

There are newer employer reviews for G&K Services