G&K Services

www.gkservices.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for G&K Services

A great time to work for G&K!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at G&K Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I highly recommend G&K if you're looking for a rewarding career in a service industry. The company is the right size to provide ample career opportunities while still allowing easy access to all levels of leadership. Great team of people to work with and strong leadership.

Cons

It's a fast paced environment and you will work hard if you want to succeed. This can be a con for some, but it's energizing for many including me.

Keep up the good work. You are leading us in the right direction...up!

212 Other Employee Reviews for G&K Services (View Most Recent)

Company that does not value employees

Former Employee - Production Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at G&K Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed many of the people with whom I worked. The health insurance was pretty good and reasonably priced. I was paid pretty well.

Cons

The production managers are constantly blamed for the failures of the plant. Local upper management is so consumed with sales that they cannot understand the cost savings of running the plant well. You are expected to be at work for a minimum of 50 hours per week and calling in sick is NEVER an option. G&K is set up to wring every last ounce of productivity from management so that they will leave after a few years. They may promote quickly but beware of dishonest expectations. Holidays are terrible due to the type of industry.

Obvious cleaning up of reviews by company

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at G&K Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you scan through reviews, it is obvious that the latest reviews were written intentionally by HR folks to cover up the honest reviews earlier. Strong benefits department and environmental, commitment to safety.

Cons

G&K has no diversity, is afraid to even mention sexual orientation in their diversity statement, has few if any minorities, and has a number of mean spirited executives and leaders. Openness? Usually leads to terminations, of which there are lots.

Read the core values and try to follow them.

There are newer employer reviews for G&K Services