G&K Services

www.gkservices.com
  www.gkservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for G&K Services

A big company, that makes every partner fill like family.

Current Employee - General Manager
Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at G&K Services

Pros

Our focus on the customer is job one! G&K is a highly ethical business and is run with the upmost integrity. Recognizing the only way to improve a business is to listen to its employees, G&K always encourages its folks to be open, and candid.

Cons

G&K's Geographic footprint ( Coverage Area ) and National Account penetration

181 Other Employee Reviews for G&K Services (View Most Recent)

Worst place to work or advance

Former Employee - RSR
    Former Employee - RSR

I worked at G&K Services

Pros

good insurance, you can get done early if you start early.

Cons

They don't appreciate anything you do. You NEVER get compliments, only told if you made a mistake. Very degrading place to work. Management has no people skills at all. The company looks for ways to screw you on your pay. The managers make all the money. Once you get to a certain age, they try to get you to quit. They don't want you there anymore. If you are looking for a place to have a future, look somewhere else!

Learn the business before you try and tell the seasoned employees how to do their jobs. Treat people with respect, and appreciate the things they do. Don't talk down to people. Build them up, not cut down

Low base pay, micromanaged, & screwed over when trying to be respectful and give notice when I left the company

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I worked at G&K Services

Pros

Decent Benefits, Co-workers friendly, Decent auto allowance package $350 + $0.19/mile a month

Cons

Very low base comparatively. $38,000 per year for TSR. Poor commision structure. You will need to work for about 4 months to even make any commission and thats hitting the ground running right out of training. The only thing that keeps this company in business is the fact that Aramark is a very crooked, and unethical company and drives their customers to look for another vendor.
    The company is very behind with technology. No blackberries. Still using Lotus Notes. The salespeople still have to manually fill out a red new account folder. ALL accounts will get messed up somehow someway. Its only a matter of time. Whether its when they get keyed or when they get installed or somewhere after. Its the nature of the dirty laundry business. Half the time, if you sign a new account and they need service right away - you had better count on loading the mats, towels, etc up in your own car and installing them on your own. One more thing to eat up your time along with the fact that if they invested in some sales support staff, there salespeople would have that much more time to be out s-e-l-l-i-n-g. Changes need to be made
    They are all about "no quits" with their customers - when they really need to be listening to their salespeople on what helps them to be successful and actually make some changes. We had a 7:30 a.m. conference call EVERY morning to say where all we would be that day, which appts, and what meeting for. Mondays were really hell. Supposed to be a call day - and have 7:30 install meeting by phone, then a team meeting at 8:45 by phone then a one on one call with manager that day too. Have to have 100 calls every week, have to have 20 appts every week, have to have 15 appts set by the end of the day on Monday (call day). All of this really makes you feel like a child and if this was your first sales job, you wouldnt know any difference - but if you have actually been in a professional sales position where you were empowered to use the tools the company had to meet your sales goals and then came to G&K, you will be miserable. Micromanaged like I have never seen before. Suffocating and really takes the fun out of the job and becomes a hinderance on ones success. Worst of all, when I found something else and did the respectful thing by giving my notice - they had that day be my last. So, to me that shows a lot about character. Not to mention you will not get paid on any accounts you sign on if they install after your last day. One more way for G&K to pad their pocket and screw you over. I would not recommend this company at all.

Minneapolis is in a different world than the rest of G&K. Doug Milroy is a very dynamic person with a lot of good energy and strong focus. If he were more involved with sales and their roles and effectiveness, maybe there could be room for improvement.

There are newer employer reviews for G&K Services