There are newer employer reviews for G & W Electric Company

If you are considered a Favorite, you will do well.

I worked at G & W Electric Company

Pros

The company is growing by leaps and bounds and has since moved to a new location. There are many any opportunities to grow and develop.

Cons

I was a female working in a mainly male industry. Every time I entered the plant, I felt 500 pairs of eyes following my every move. Another employee verbally intimidated me in the parking lot at work while I was walking to my car. I felt very uncomfortable there and would mot choose to go back.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fantastic internship opportunities for electrical engineers.

Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at G & W Electric Company as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Tremendous growth. This company's main issue is expanding to meet order demands. Competitive intern wages. As a result, profit sharing bonuses are extremely high. Professional looking and clean office and shop Family atmosphere The CEO takes the time to learn everybody's name and as a summer intern you have at least three opportunities to talk with him and other senior executives at length. Plenty of restaurant choices in the area. Flex time for all office employees Extensive intern training courses

Cons

High stress, incredibly demanding customer lead times, and long hours for full-time employees that can bleed negative vibes onto interns. Some interns say that they have nothing to do, which depends on the manager. Other interns barely have time to leave their desks. Some of the training courses are incredibly boring and last all day. Some managers are bad seeds and the shop employees seem to have low morale and wage/benefits complaints.

Advice to Management

Spending multiple summers as an intern, there is great growth and improvement in professionalism. The family atmosphere is fading with growth so work needs to be done to keep that. Make morale a main priority and help reduce the culture of stress, then orders will get out on time.

2. Fire you just get sick

I worked at G & W Electric Company

Pros

Clean washrooms and they feed you well.

Cons

Wow last review got it right. They fire you less than 30 days. Whatever you do don't get sick...

Advice to Management

Give people a chance