Good Environment, unfulfilling work

Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

People are nice and hard working.

Cons

Pay was terrible, quality work was sub-par

Advice to Management

Hire better creatives

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

G2 is an agency that doesn't invest in or care about its people.

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

Great neighborhood. Building has a nice rooftop patio. Hours are not bad. G2 is an agency that has some great people. It has some people who are dedicated to trying to move the agency to the next level. It has some really smart people. It has some really decent people. It has some really nice people.

Cons

It's lacking at the executive level. It's an agency that's rudderless. It's an agency that makes questionable hires and puts people who lack appropriate experience in key roles. There are factions and fiefdoms. For all the talk about integration there are too many turf wars to make it anything but rough sailing. And these turf wars can and do turn nasty, are highly unprofessional and abusive. It's an agency that can't get out of its own way. It's an agency that thinks Grey is the enemy and spends too much valuable time thinking and talking about Grey. We are no longer a part of Grey. Some shared accounts have walked out the door and landed at Grey but let's get over it and move on! If we had a roster of blue chip clients, were paid for blue chip work and earned blue chip revenue we wouldn’t have to worry about Grey or lay people off when an account walked out the door (because accounts probably wouldn’t). Even if they did there would be revenue in the coffers to cover the ups and downs. The bottom-line is this is not a nice place to work nor is it a healthy place to work. The numbers of people who've been fired let go or who have quit over the past couple of years is extraordinary. Just do a search of G2 on AgencySpy. You'll find a long list of people no longer with us - and these are just the folks you read about. G2 is in the midst of laying off many people which the trades are not reporting. They’re doing it slowly but surely. This is not an agency that invests in its people. Run don't walk if you're ever approached to interview or work here. In a word, it's a mean-spirited, poorly run agency.

Advice to Management

People are your asset. They're not just numbers on a spreadsheet that can be erased when things don't add up. Change starts at the top and trickles down.

2. It's an entrepreneurial and controlled environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

Great culture where you can build strong relationships. Entrepreneurial- everyday is never the same. Excellent Quality of Life compared to most ad agencies Room for growth if you show it

Cons

Politics with upper management and or lack of communication Salary

Advice to Management

In order to better G2 I think we are in need of offering higher salaries. I strongly believe that "you get what you pay for". In light of this and where I am in the company- I can say that this is something they are working on.