G3

www.growth3.com

Aggressive startup with big plans, (pretty) big funding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStartup life can be thrilling. You've got a mission, a vision of what the company will be, impossible deadlines with too few people trying to balance too many hats while juggling lions, anvils, feathers and banana slugs, yet somehow your small band of warriors bond, laugh a lot and get it done. And there could really be a shiny pot of gold at the end of the tunnel.

ConsWell, kind of the same list as the pros. Some people want a clear structure to their job, and you're not going to find that here. Every person is expected to do everything that their (future) assistants will do plus their own job, plus the job of the person not yet hired. Then there's the founder. He's old school (which isn't all bad), likes to lecture, gets impatient, doesn't always have time to clarify what level of detail he wants to hear and how much control he wants -- so sometimes you feel damned if you -- and if you don't. And like any startup, there's a chance (well, several chances) it could fail. But of course that's true of established companies too. Or if the company doesn't fail, they can just cut you loose anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it would be better if management listened more closely to the suggestions of staff before jumping on them. Count to ten a few times. Sleep on it. More than once, an employee or contractor suggestion ended up being adopted weeks or even months later.

Concept with potential, wrong leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at G3

Pros: Many talented people were attracted by the concept, so it… Cons: Founder does not accept any advice, even though he hired people for… Advice to Senior Management: With no sales in three years, and never having talked to a potential customer ("I know what companies want"), senior management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on G3.

Worked for G3? Contribute to the Community!