G4S
www.g4s.com Crawley, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

The worst company I have ever worked for

Traditional Security Officer (Former Employee)
Blue Ash, OH

I worked at G4S part-time for less than a year

ProsThe work is easy enough for the amount of pay you're given. They have extended training and background checks, so the people they bring in are more competent than other security companies.

ConsThey make you feel like you're supposed to be in the CIA or FBI--due to long hours of mandatory training and written tests monthly--albeit reminding everyone that the only power security guards have are that of a private citizen. The upper management and "lieutenants" (what a poor job title) have an extreme superiority-complex--if you so much as make one mistake, you will be unemployed, due to their cutthroat way of managing.

You are forced to work long hours (with no prior notice), from 12-16 hr. shifts, regardless if the schedule has already been posted (even though we were "promised" that it would never happen once they took over the contract). I was flat-out lied to on numerous occasions by upper management as well as district managers. When I would inquire about being misinformed, they would act like they never said anything, and that it was all the subordinate's faults. They make it blatantly obvious that you are not a person with a family and a life, but simply a number working for a huge company that could care less about your well-being.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of the clouds and understand that we are PEOPLE. Not expendable, disposable numbers. Stop lying to lower-level employees, and show that you appreciate all the work we do for you.

You're a Security Guard, what'd you expect?

Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at G4S full-time for less than a year

Pros: It's a job. There's not too many out there right… Cons: Extremely low pay for the amount of Military/Law Enforcement experience required. Hiring process is long and tiresome if you include the mandatory license classes taught… Advice to Senior Management: Please stop marketing yourselves as an elite security force and start paying attention to your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Security Guard Work For G4s

Security Officer (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I worked at G4S full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of posts and good pay for the work done. Cons: There were no cons while I worked there. Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what your are doing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on G4S.

Worked for G4S? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at G4S reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for G4S CEO Ashley Almanza. All reviews posted anonymously by G4S employees.